Career Services Coordinator
- College of the Sequoias
- California, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 3, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Student Affairs, Career Services
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Career Services Coordinator
Salary: $69,451.00 - $92,976.00 Annually
Job Type: Classified - Full-time
Job Number: 6200-c-03/23
Closing: 3/31/2023 11:59 PM Pacific
Location: Visalia/Tulare/Hanford, CA
Department: Strong Workforce
Under the direction of the Dean, Career Technical Education, the Career Services Coordinator will be responsible for improving and increasing CTE student success through systematic coordination of career exploration, advising, development, and placement. This position will be the primary contact for industry partners and prospective employers, and offers a consistent presence in the Career Center for current and potential COS students seeking career guidance.
The Career Services Coordinator will create engagement strategies for specific data bases/platforms such as Career Coach, Jobspeaker, LinkedIn, Big Interview, etc. to enhance career and life planning efforts, career coaching, career exploration, and career placement for student. The Career Services Coordinator will work with staff and faculty to host and represent COS at events such as Entree to Employment, ProCon, Career College Expo, Student Worker Job Fair and various career fairs.
This position is assigned to the Tulare College Campus, with hours/events at all 3 campuses Visalia, Tulare, Hanford, Full-Time 12-months. Initial placement is at $69,451.00.
College of the Sequoias Community College District serves a diverse community of learners and is a designated Hispanic Serving Institution. COS provides a wide range of opportunities in transfer, general education, career and technical programs for our students. We are dedicated to recruiting employees who are committed to helping a diverse population of students achieve their educational goals. We seek candidates who exhibit an understanding and commitment to the community college mission, and who have a passion for student success.
Job duties of the Career Service Coordinator include:
Job Search Assistance/Career Coaching/Career Exploration (30%)
- Conducts coaching sessions, workshops and seminars to assist students in career planning and career understanding
- Meets with students one-on-one about strategies for their job search including self-assessment, exploration, decision-making, job search skills (resume & cover letter writing, interviewing skills, negotiation skills, etc.) and self-directed job search strategies
- Conducts seminars and presentations on campus, virtually and in ongoing classes and through student organizations on self-assessment, job search skills and job search strategies.
- Create and update career center handouts and brochures
- Create and maintain career resources and website; maintain an employer database for work-based-learning opportunities
- Develop plans to market career planning strategies to students.
- Work with departments to develop services that complement current departmental activities and goals
- Work with departments, faculty and staff to develop Career Exploration activities for current and prospective students
- Manage and promote student engagement and outreach with different college career exploration software (Jobspeaker, LinkedIn, LinkedIn Learning, Career Coach, Eureka, Big Interview, Transfr VR headsets, etc.)
- Exploration and comparison of various platforms used for data collection related to workforce development outcomes
- Implementation of new platforms based on data and guidance provided by the Central Regional Consortium and/or Career Technical Education department
- Coordinate related events creating opportunities for career exploration and student connection to employers (ProCon - Professional Conference for Students, MAPS Day - Motivate, Access, Plan and Success, College & Career EXPO, Entree to Employment, Employer Appreciation Breakfast, etc.)
- In collaboration with GIANT Threads coordinate efforts to provide professional clothing to students in preparation for job interviews, employer engagements events, student conferences, etc.
- Develop new employer relationships (particularly of underrepresented majors)
- Maintain a database of current and potential contacts/employers
- Manage job and internship postings
- Make regular visits and presentations to area employers about programs, customized training, and internships/apprenticeships
- Maintain activities that connect students with potential employers for internships or employment (i.e., Entree to Employment)
- Follow up with industry partner leads for internships and work based learning.
- Assist CTE Dean and CTE faculty to develop and improve work based learning activities that build work experience for students
- Work with and solicit input from departments, faculty, staff, alumni and Career Services to develop new leads for internships, job shadowing, externships and full-time positions
- Communicate and interact with employer/staff to provide information to student that will ensure their successful placement in an internship or job
- Scan popular press magazines, the internet and other resources for potential leads and contacts
- Promote career service opportunities through articles, newspapers and other resources used by potential employers
Any combination equivalent to:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution and two years of professional experience in an education or the equivalent.
- Office environment
- Travel from site to site to conduct duties of Career Center.
- Frequent contact with academic staff and students.
- Ability to communicate with students and employees
- Ability to read documents with normal and fine print.
- Ability to sit for extended period.
- Ability to reach in all directions.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to operate a computer and office equipment.
To be considered applicants must submit ALL of the following required material before or by the filing deadline:
- An online job application.
- Letter of interest, which addresses how the applicant's experience and/or education enables him/her to be able to perform the job duties.
- Unofficial copies of transcripts of college/university work. Official transcripts are required upon employment. Note: Applicants who have completed college or university course work at an institution outside of the United States that is not a post-secondary institution accredited by an accreditation agency recognized by either the US Department of Education or the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees, and other relevant documents by either NACES or AICE. .
To apply, visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/cos/jobs/3939513/career-services-coordinator
COLLEGE OF THE SEQUOIAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: The College of the Sequoias Community College District is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. It is the District's policy to ensure that all qualified applicants for employment and employees have full and equal access to employment opportunity and are not subject to discrimination in any program or activity of the District on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, gender, color, language, accent, citizenship status, ancestry national origin, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, parental status, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert