Assistant Registrar/Transfer Specialist
- SUNY Cobleskill
- New York, United States
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Posted Date
- Mar 3, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Other Academic Affairs
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
As a premier institution in agriculture and technology, SUNY Cobleskill calls all learners to grow, to sustain, and to renew the world and its citizens. The College acts as a reflection of, and a catalyst for, advancement in our fields. With an emphasis on applied learning and experiential education, SUNY Cobleskill prepares students for successful careers, advanced studies, and engaged citizenship.
Founded in 1911, SUNY Cobleskill enrolls approximately 2000 students in 55 diverse majors. The campus sets the standard for applied education that extends theory into practice. SUNY Cobleskill is a community characterized by empathy, inclusivity, respect, personal growth, integrity, and a collaborative spirit fostering well-being and sustainable practices. We recognize and celebrate student, faculty and staff achievements. We take pride in our campus and encourage collaboration with our surrounding communities.
Our modern, 902-acre campus features outstanding educational facilities, including an equestrian center, 200-cow dairy facility, cold and warm water fish hatcheries, specialized classrooms and scientific laboratories, two state-of-the-art culinary arts teaching kitchens, child development and childcare centers, and an art gallery and graphic design center.
Drawing on a rich academic tradition that spans more than 100 years, our purpose remains constant; to educate future entrepreneurs, scientists, thought leaders, artists, educators, and practitioners to contribute to the sustainability of a healthy and prosperous societal existence in concert with a robust environment.
The Assistant Registrar/Transfer Specialist reports directly to the Registrar. This individual reviews and updates transfer course equivalencies and aids in the administration of system operations to ensure accuracy of student records and reporting of those records. This position works closely with staff, faculty, and students regarding course equivalencies, grades, curriculum, student standing, college catalog, master schedule, student degree audits, and records retention. The Assistant Registrar/Transfer Specialist is expected to have strong functional knowledge of institutional processes and procedures and how to translate these for inclusion into technological tools which support degree completion.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Maintain and update transfer equivalencies in Banner.
- Certify and post all college credit; inclusive of CLEP, AP and CIHS.
- Assist with the review of degree applicants for conferral of degree.
- Scribe degree programs and curricular changes in and maintain Degree Works.
- Conduct training for faculty, staff, and students on use of Banner Self Service and Degree Works tools.
- Maintain and update curriculum changes in Banner and Degree Works.
- Support initiatives to bring new students to campus by aiding in the registration of students and addressing concerns of all incoming students.
- Coordinate and communicate with advisors concerning advisees and meeting their degree completion goals.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- At least three years of experience working in a Registrar's office setting.
- Strong understanding of Banner (Student Information System) and Degree Works (Degree Auditing System) including Controller.
- Working knowledge of the transfer equivalency process in Banner.
- Excellent organization, administration, communication, and decision-making skills.
- Must be able to work independently, as well as within a team, in a fast paced continually changing environment.
- Possess a working knowledge of FERPA.
In addition to the aforementioned minimum qualifications, it is preferred the candidate also have:
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Experience with business intelligence systems.
- An understanding of programming for data query from information systems and the languages used.
- Experience with data collection and data analysis for informed decision making and problem solving.
- The salary range for this position is $51,000-$60,000.
- This is a full-time, term appointment
- This position offers full New York State benefits which are some of the most comprehensive in the country.
- SUNY Cobleskill is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community for our students and employees. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of the background check.
- This position may be designated 55 b/c and is subject to verification of applicant eligibility.
SUNY Cobleskill is committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, and ensuring equal educational and employment opportunity and access to services, programs and activities without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction, or any other legally protected status. Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation during the hiring process should contact the Human Resources Office at (518) 255-5514.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUNY Cobleskill's Tile IX Coordinator is Amanda Clark, who can be contacted via phone at 518-255-5445, email at email@example.com, or mailing address of SUNY Cobleskill, Knapp Hall Room 123, Cobleskill, NY 12043.
The application review process will begin immediately and will continue until a suitable candidate is found. Priority is given to applications submitted by March 31, 2023.
A complete application consists of the following:
1. Letter of application, addressing qualifications, position
responsibilities, and college values
2. Current CV or Resume
3. Names, emails and phone numbers of at least three professional references, preferably former supervisors
* To apply you must create an account and apply through this posting.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert