Coordinator, Finance & Administration
- Dartmouth College
- New Hampshire, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 3, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support, Financial Affairs, Student Affairs, Financial Aid
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Open Until Filled
Coordinator, Finance & Administration
Department this Position Reports to
Hiring Range Minimum
Hiring Range Maximum
Not an SEIU Position
Regular Full Time
Scheduled Months per Year
Scheduled Hours per Week
Location of Position
Hybrid, or Remote
Remote Work Eligibility?
Is this a term position?
If yes, length of term in months.
Is this a grant funded position?
To provide financial and human resource support for the Geisel School of Medicine’s portfolio of degree and non-degree granting education programs, facilitating an efficient administrative infrastructure that enables achievement of the programmatic goals and the education mission of the school.
Required Qualifications - Education and Yrs Exp
Associates or equivalent combination of education and experience
Required Qualifications - Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- 3 years of experience providing program and leadership support or the equivalent.
- Strong financial acumen; experience with financial transaction (e.g. AP, invoice and expense reimbursement) processing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively, independently, and as a member of a team.
- Willingness and ability to exercise judgment and initiative and to interact with a diverse set of faculty, personnel, and outside agencies in a professional manner.
- Flexibility and openness to change.
- Ability to plan work, set priorities, and respond to pressures, deadlines, and changes in schedules and priorities.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to maintain and foster confidentiality.
- Proficiency in technological applications (e.g., Microsoft Office suite, Zoom), spreadsheets, and other computer software.
- Willingness and ability to learn additional computer applications.
- Strong commitment to a diverse working environment and to serving the needs of a large and diverse community.
- Familiarity with Dartmouth accounting systems and procedures preferred.
Department Contact Phone Number
Department Contact for Cover Letter and Title
Rachael Lugo, Sr Financial Administrator
Department Contact's Phone Number
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Is driving a vehicle (e.g. Dartmouth vehicle or off road vehicle, rental car, personal car) an essential function of this job?
Not an essential function
Special Instructions to Applicants
All Dartmouth College employees, whether working on-site or remotely, are required to be up to date with vaccination against COVID -19 (or to have received an approved exemption from vaccination through the Office of Institutional Diversity and Equity). Please visit https://dartgo.org/vaxpolicy for details. Compliance with this requirement is a condition of employment. Failure to meet this condition of employment within the first 30 days may result in Dartmouth in its sole discretion ending employment.
Dartmouth College has a Tobacco-Free Policy. Smoking and the use of tobacco-based products (including smokeless tobacco) are prohibited in all facilities, grounds, vehicles or other areas owned, operated or occupied by Dartmouth College with no exceptions. For details, please see our policy. https://policies.dartmouth.edu/policy/tobacco-free-policy
- Supports financial administration duties, including:
- preparing and processing reimbursements, payables, invoices, purchase orders, and contracts;
- maintaining billing processes for contractual agreements;
- compiling and coordinating grant applications and renewals; and
- researching transactions and accounting details.
- Guides faculty, staff, and students on financial transaction processes, effectively training them to implement the task independently in the future.
- Performs data entry and runs reports in financial systems and databases, researching transactions and accounting details to support with financial analysis.
- Coordinates and communicates about financial transactions with Geisel Finance Center and College offices.
- Monitors and tracks spending for discrete project budgets, as requested.
- Interprets, applies, and explains Dartmouth policies and procedures when appropriate.
- Processes human resource transactions, including Dartmouth On-line Recruit & Review ( DORR ) actions, payroll action submissions, and allocation adjustments.
- Effectively communicates across teams to gather information needed for timely hiring and payments.
- Drafts personnel letters and other documentation on expectations and commitments; ensuring accuracy of information.
- Supports faculty appointment, reappointment, and promotions processes for the department.
- Maintains files for documentation, following records retention procedures.
- Supports onboarding and offboarding processes for employees.
- Handles confidential or sensitive information, exercising discretion concerning its disposition on a regular basis.
Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Talent Acquisition Consultant
- American Library Association
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Dartmouth College Employment Website
- Internal Employee Referral (Please specify full name below)
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed Jobs
- National Black MBA Association
- Recruit Military
- Valley News
- Other (Please specify below)
- If you answered, 'Internal Employee Referral' or 'Other' to the
above question, please specify here:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert