MTS ELECTRICIAN I
- University of Missouri - Columbia
- Missouri, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 2, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Professional Fields, Vocational & Technical Fields, Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Facilities Management & Physical Plant
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Facility Operations Student Auxiliary Services
In order to be considered as a Union Bidder for this position you must:
• complete ALL sections of the application
(including all work experience - incomplete applications will not be considered)
• complete six months of regular service at the University
• apply within the published, five-day posting period
• meet the minimum qualifications for the vacancy
Your qualifications for this position will be evaluated based on the information you provide on your job application. Once the job posting period is closed, there will be no opportunity to submit additional information regarding your qualifications. Therefore, you need to ensure that your application materials are complete when submitted.
Union Bid Period: 1/30/2023-2/3/2023
Perform skilled work on a journey level in the installation, maintenance, service and repair of electrical systems, equipment and fixtures.
All work is subject to spot checking and inspection for conformance to specifications and accepted standards of the trade.
Install, maintain, and repair AC and DC electrical wiring systems, power sources, laboratory equipment, and other components such as conduit, electrical panels, signal and alarm systems, lighting, receptacles, relays and controls, motors, generators, rectifiers, transformers, electric meters, etc.
May replace interior and exterior lamps as necessary at varying heights.
Perform installation, maintenance, and repair on overhead and underground electrical circuits and components.
May perform oiling, cleaning, brush replacement, and other repair of equipment as required.
May install, maintain, and repair circuits and equipment involving electronic components. Troubleshoot equipment, utilizing testing devices.
Clean, maintain, safely operate and properly store all tools and equipment.
May perform or assist with preparation of cost estimates, material orders, reports and maintenance of records.
Observe and enforce all safety requirements related to equipment operation.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Salary Range: $18.93-$31.85 per hour
GGS Grade: F
University Title: MTS ELECTRICIAN
Internal applicants can determine their university title by accessing the Talent Profile tile in myHR.
7:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Monday through Friday
A job offer for this position is contingent on passing a physical examination to determine if the candidate possesses the physical capabilities necessary to perform the essential functions.
- A high school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is necessary.
- Five years of actual work experience and training, including the equivalent of apprenticeship or vocational training, in the trade.
- Ability to read blueprints, plans, drawings, wiring diagrams, and electrical codes.
- Skill in maintenance and use of tools, equipment and materials of applicable trade.
- Ability on a daily basis to:
- Grasp, lift, maneuver, rotate, and otherwise use small to large trades tools and equipment.
- Grasp, lift, carry, and set down heavy objects (50-80 lbs.)
- Grasp, turn, twist, pull, push, lift, and otherwise move equipment, controls, parts, etc.
- Visually assess maintenance, construction and repair needs
- Climb and work from ladders, stairs, and scaffolding
- A valid driver’s license may be required.
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, paid time off, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
We value the uniqueness of every individual and strive to ensure each person’s success. Contributions from individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives promote intellectual pluralism and enable us to achieve the excellence that we seek in learning, research and engagement. This commitment makes our university a better place to work, learn and innovate.
In your application materials, please discuss your experiences and expertise that support these values and enrich our missions of teaching, research and engagement.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Director of Employee and Labor Relations at 573-882-7976.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Director of Accessibility and ADA at 573-884-7278.
Know Your Rights
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
- Know Your Rights English Version
- Know Your Rights Spanish Version
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert