Responsible for the operations of a large program or center within
the Tilman J. Fertitta Family College of Medicine (COM) Oversees
staff, budgets, and projects.
1. Oversees a large department, program or center within COM
2. Manages budget and engages in strategic planning to ensure all
goals are met.
3. Hires and directs the activities of staff. Resolves personnel
issues as they arise.
4. Engages in budget-planning, grant oversight, and policy
5. Implements new programs and projects, and monitors ongoing
activities of department or center.
6. Reviews department policies and processes and implements
improvements as needed.
7. Represents department or center to internal and external
8. Performs other job-related duties as required.at the COM.
Oversees staff, budgets, and projects.
This role will work directly with the Director of Community
Engagement to support the collective impact functions for multiple
community collectives. This position impacts Community Health
Commons, the Tilman J. Fertitta Family College of Medicine’s
place-based initiative to improve community health. The position is
responsible for bringing residents, businesses, health care and
social service organizations together to address the community’s
health needs. Experience with community engagement, group
facilitation and the collective impact approach preferred.
Education: Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical
and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional
discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional
discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained
through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college
or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training
program that is directly related to the type of work being
Experience: Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly
Additional Job Posting Information:
- Department is willing to accept education in lieu of
- Department is willing to accept experience in lieu of