Vice Provost for Adult and Online Learning
- Wright State University
- Dayton, Ohio
- Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 2, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Academic Administration
- Employment Type
- Full Time
EEO Statement Wright State University, an equal opportunity/aﬃrmative action employer, is committed to an inclusive environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Faculty Rank or Job Title: Vice Provost for Adult and Online Learning
Job Summary/Basic Function: Wright State University seeks a strategic and visionary leader to serve in the inaugural role of Associate Vice Provost for Adult and Online Learning.
Reporting to the Provost and in collaboration with University Deans and leadership, this new role will lead the development and implementation of the University’s strategy and future state for online and adult programs. This position will lead the exploration and development of new programs, facilitate the growth of existing programs, and direct the design and enhancement of support services speciﬁc to adult and online students with special attention to social mobility and workforce development.
Utilizing research and demonstrating an understanding of the greatest needs within the region and state, the Associate Vice Provost will collaborate with the Vice President for Enrollment Management & Student Success (including Marketing and Admissions), Deans, and colleges to develop a strategic enrollment plan for adult and online programs at Wright State University.
The leader will work alongside the Center for Faculty Excellence and the Division of Student Success to ensure adult and online programs meet the needs of both the learners and the regions and communities they serve.
Given the critical importance of this new role and its responsibility to create synergy around and lead the implementation of the University’s adult and online strategy, this role will be campus-based unless otherwise required by job duties.
- Terminal degree in Education, Higher Education or closely related ﬁeld.
- Ten or more years teaching experience at the collegiate level and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in planning and administration of online and distance education initiatives in a university or college setting.
- Doctoral degree
- Seven years of experience in planning and administration of online and distance education initiatives in a university or college setting Demonstrated success growth in online programs
- Demonstrated ability to secure university agreements for student pipelines from employers/organizations
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert