Senior Business Application Developer (ServiceNow),
Reporting to the Associate Director of Applications and
Integrations, the Web Application Specialist will be
responsible for the design, implementation, integration and
maintenance of various applications and platforms
supported by Information Resources and Technology. The primary
focus of this position will be support of the
University’s ServiceNow environment. This position works closely
with a wide variety of IRT and business unit
staff in a collaborative manner to support various needs across the
institution, and will represent the Applications
and Integration team on various division and institution wide
Salary and position level will be based on experience and
- Participate in the technical design, implementation, and
maintenance of the University’s ServiceNow infrastructure and
associated environment, including integration with external
- Propose and implement enhancements that will improve the
performance and reliability of all systems and services that
advance the goals of the organization in accordance with industry
- Administration of ServiceNow platform, including scripting,
workflow development, bug fixes, theme development, production
control, and system upgrades.
- In coordination with business offices and other team members;
gather requirements, define, build and test Service Catalog items
- Create and maintain system documentation, operational
procedures and architectural documentation.
- Troubleshoot, analyze and resolve system issues, documenting
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years equivalent work experience in a
technical field. Professional experience may be substituted for
education on a year-for-year basis.
- Four (4) years of professional experience in Web Application
- Experience with XML/HTML, and CSS.
- Experience with web services standards including REST and
- Experience in application and software development in a team
environment, including revision and production control.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience providing technical support
for Enterprise applications in a large environment.
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving
Position perks :
- ServiceNow System Administrator, Implementation Specialist or
Application Developer certification.
- Two (2) years of experience developing in and supporting the
- Experience with various ServiceNow modules, including Change,
Incident, Problem, Project Management, and Service Catalog.
- Experience with ServiceNow platform components and standard
integrations, including MID Servers, Orchestrator, LDAP
integration, SSO, and email routing.
- Experience with SQL (MySQL, Oracle, MSSQL).
- Experience in scripting or web-oriented languages, including
Perl, Python or PHP.
- Experience with front-end frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation,
- Familiarity with enterprise collaboration tools (Atlassian
Confluence, Basecamp, etc.)
- Working knowledge of networking principles (TCP/IP, DNS, VPN,
- ITIL Certification.
- Flexible remote work opportunity.
- Excellent retirement benefits with 8% employer
- 22 days of vacation time allotted annually with the ability to
carryover a full year of accrued time.
- 15 days of sick time allotted annually with unlimited
- Excellent Medical and Dental coverage - low contribution, low
- Tuition benefits available to you, eligible dependents, spouse,
and domestic or civil union partners.
- Wellness incentives and other programs to help support your
- Housing incentive program.
- An inclusive and supportive work environment that values
- For a full list of benefits see go.rowan.edu/benefits