- Virginia Tech
- Virginia, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 1, 2023
The Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AAEC) invites applications for an Instructor position with primary responsibility for interacting with the Department’s Kohl Agribusiness Centre by teaching in the undergraduate program. Depending on the background of the successful candidate and departmental needs, other duties may include teaching in the department’s online M.S. program, student advising and recruitment, and building industry relationships. Candidates are sought to provide high-quality teaching in the broad areas of agribusiness management and entrepreneurship and introductory agricultural economics. Delivery modes may include traditional classroom-based instruction, online instruction, or hybrid formats. The typical teaching expectation will be three courses per semester during the academic year, although adjustments may be made depending on the nature of other duties assigned. The position is a restricted, nontenure-track, academic year appointment. Opportunities for earning additional income during the summer by teaching or engaging in sponsored projects may be available.
● Completed M.S., M.A., or MBA in Agricultural Economics, Economics, Business Management, Finance, or a closely related field.
● For appointment as an Advanced Instructor, the candidate will have five or more years of visible, effective teaching experience including significant evidence of related professional growth including but not limited to evidence of successful mentoring of colleagues or graduate teaching assistants, student advising, course or curriculum development, or exemplary service or outreach.
● For appointment as a Senior Instructor, the candidate will have ten or more years of exemplary teaching and professional development including but not limited to considerable responsibility in mentoring colleagues or graduate teaching assistants, overseeing course development or special instructional initiatives, student advising, or other responsibilities reflecting their role as instructional leaders.
● An earned Ph.D. in Agricultural and Applied Economics, Economics, Business Management, Finance, or a closely related field.
● Agribusiness or business-related experience with management decision-making.
● Experience creating and delivering experientially-centered, problem-oriented instruction.
● Experience teaching agribusiness classes at the graduate level.
● Experience working with students and student teams on entrepreneurship projects.
● A record of publishing peer-reviewed case studies, surveys of instructional methodologies, or other scholarly outputs that demonstrate a commitment to enhancing instructional pedagogy.
$65,000 - 85,000 (rank dependent)
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Dr. Dixie Dalton at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: March 1, 2023
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert