Adjunct Instructor of Education
- Schreiner University
- Kerrville, Texas
- Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 2, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Professional Fields, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Adult & Continuing Education Programs, Distance Education Programs
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Schreiner University's Professions in Education department seeks qualified part-time Adjunct Instructors. There are several positions available. Some positions will start in Summer 2023 and some in Fall 2023.
- Teach interactively online, provide consistent student communication, and feedback on assessment.
- Teach online graduate classes under the supervision of the Director of Education and program mentor.
Courses are already created in Canvas course management system.
- Participate in service to the program and the Division of Graduate Program in Education through trainings offered to graduate faculty.
- Supervise field experiences of clinical teachers or principal certification candidates.
- Earned doctorate (Ed.D. or Ph. D) in Education, ABD will be considered if proposal has been defended and degree will be complete by May 2023.
- Full-time teaching experience in EC-12 school classrooms with exemplary recommendations.
- Administrative experience for those applying to teach in the principal program.• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Texas Teacher and/or Principal Certifications and T-TESS certification.
- Willing to attend online regional field supervisor or field coaching training (paid for by the university).
Those working as University Field Supervisors are required to have an MEd, not a doctorate. This is excellent position for retired teachers who want to have great impact on future teachers.
Searching for candidates to fill the roles below:
Adjunct Professors of Education in the Online Master of Education Program and the Online Principal as Instructional Leader Certification Program.
Adjunct University Field Supervisors for the MEd plus Teacher Certification Program and Adjunct University Field Supervisors for principal certification candidates.
Applicants will need to complete an online application and submit a letter of interest,curriculum vitae, unofficial transcripts, the names, addresses and telephone numbers of threereferences. Materials that cannot be uploaded to the application should be sentto: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Materials that cannot be submitted electronically may be mailed to:
2100 Memorial Blvd
Kerrville, Texas 78028
Who We Are
At Schreiner University, students enter with hope and leave with achievement. We are a diverse, fiercely independent university. We are affiliated by covenant with the Presbyterian Church (USA) with a main campus in the thriving Texas Hill Country. We are a uniquely Texan, Hispanic-serving institution. Schreiner University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and are strongly and actively committed to diversity within our community.
What We Do
Schreiner University is a place of opportunity. We support one another to achieve success in all that we do. We offer undergraduate and graduate students a personalized, integrated, and holistic educational experience that prepares them for meaningful work and purposeful lives in a changing global society. Students study in-depth in a specific area of interest while acquiring broad skills and habits of mind to navigate a complex, diverse, and unscripted future.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert