Reference and Instruction Librarian
- Anna Maria College
- Massachusetts, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 2, 2023
TITLE : Reference and Instruction Librarian
SCHEDULE : Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:00pm.
DEPARTMENT : Mondor-Eagen Library
REPORTS TO : Library Director
SUMMARY : Provides reference services to AMC community using electronic and print sources, collaborates with faculty to plan and present instruction sessions, maintains and creates digital instruction materials.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Provide reference assistance to Anna Maria College students, faculty, and staff.
- Develop and present library instruction on topics such as library introductions, source evaluation, database tutorials, and other information literacy topics.
- Create and update digital instruction materials to aid in student learning, including video tutorials, LibGuides, and help sheets.
- Build relationships with faculty and other departments on campus, collaborate to promote library awareness and use.
- Gather assessment data by collecting statistics on reference and instruction related topics.
- Contribute to library initiatives such as collection development, weeding, and outreach.
- Participate in professional development to remain up to date on library and higher education trends.
- Other duties assigned as necessary.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Instruction experience preferred
- Experience in higher education setting
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Cataloging and e-resource experience a plus
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert