Assistant Director of Admissions
- Dartmouth College
- New Hampshire, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 2, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Student Affairs, Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Open Until Filled
Assistant Director of Admissions
Department this Position Reports to
Office of Admissions
Hiring Range Minimum
Hiring Range Maximum
Not an SEIU Position
Regular Full Time
Scheduled Months per Year
Scheduled Hours per Week
Location of Position
Remote Work Eligibility?
Is this a term position?
If yes, length of term in months.
Is this a grant funded position?
The Assistant Director of Admissions performs a wide range of admissions duties, including management of a designated recruitment territory, acting as the Dartmouth liaison to guidance counselors and prospective applicants from the territory, traveling to high schools to attract qualified students, reviewing and assessing applications, conducting group information sessions, and supporting the administrative portfolio of a senior admission officer in one of four areas, as assigned: access, campus programming, communications, and recruitment planning.
Required Qualifications - Education and Yrs Exp
Bachelors or equivalent combination of education and experience
Required Qualifications - Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- At least two years of professional experience as a college/university or independent school admission officer in a highly selective admissions environment or one-year of professional experience paired with a graduate degree in higher education or equivalent field.
- Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills as well as confidence and clarity in public speaking.
- Facility with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and related database and word processing applications.
- Exceptional planning, time management and organization skills and the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Analytical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Strong sense of judgment and discretion at all times.
- Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse community.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Dartmouth driver certification.
- Ability and willingness to engage in significant out of town travel as well as evening and weekend commitments.
- Proficiency in Spanish or Mandarin.
- Evidence of a collaborative style in a project-based setting.
- Optimism, high energy and a sense of humor are valuable assets.
Department Contact Phone Number
Department Contact for Cover Letter and Title
Lee Coffin, Vice Provost for Enrollment, Dean of Admissions and Financial Aid
Department Contact's Phone Number
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Is driving a vehicle (e.g. Dartmouth vehicle or off road vehicle, rental car, personal car) an essential function of this job?
Special Instructions to Applicants
All Dartmouth College employees, whether working on-site or remotely, are required to be up to date with vaccination against COVID -19 (or to have received an approved exemption from vaccination through the Office of Institutional Diversity and Equity). Please visit https://dartgo.org/vaxpolicy for details. Compliance with this requirement is a condition of employment. Failure to meet this condition of employment within the first 30 days may result in Dartmouth in its sole discretion ending employment.
Dartmouth College has a Tobacco-Free Policy. Smoking and the use of tobacco-based products (including smokeless tobacco) are prohibited in all facilities, grounds, vehicles or other areas owned, operated or occupied by Dartmouth College with no exceptions. For details, please see our policy. https://policies.dartmouth.edu/policy/tobacco-free-policy
Admissions Functions – Plans, organizes and manages all admissions activities, including general and targeted recruitment travel, for a designated geographic region. Represents Dartmouth at high school visits, college fairs and related recruitment programs. As a full voting member of the selection committee, reviews and evaluates at least 1,200 undergraduate applications per year to identify and select qualified applicants for admission. Assists with the coordination of projects, recruitment plans and outreach in the designated administrative portfolio. Committed to the enduring value of a liberal arts education and securing a high-achieving and diverse student population.
Percentage Of Time
Communications – Communicates with applicants, parents, and secondary school officials regarding decisions and policies. Conducts on campus information sessions for visiting students and their families. Develops internet-based relationships with prospective students through email and other channels. Provides professional guidance to applicants and parents about educational planning.
Percentage Of Time
Note: Employment will be contingent upon possession of a valid U.S. or Canadian driver’s license and continued qualification as an Approved Driver under the Dartmouth College Driver Safety and Motor Vehicle Policy.
Percentage Of Time
Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Talent Acquisition Consultant
- American Library Association
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Dartmouth College Employment Website
- Internal Employee Referral (Please specify full name below)
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed Jobs
- National Black MBA Association
- Recruit Military
- Valley News
- Other (Please specify below)
- If you answered, 'Internal Employee Referral' or 'Other' to the
above question, please specify here:
(Open Ended Question)
- * Can you please confirm that, if hired, you will be able to
perform this role on-site at Dartmouth in the location specified in
the job posting?
- * Please indicate your years of professional experience as a
college/university or independent school admission officer in a
highly selective admissions environment.
- Less than one year
- 1 to 2 years
- 2 to 3 years
- More than 3 years
- Cover Letter
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert