Senior Director of Global Engagement
- Trinity College
- Connecticut, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 1, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, International Programs, Other Academic Affairs, Student Affairs, Minority & Multicultural Affairs, Executive, Executive Directors, Other Executive
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Senior Director of Global Engagement
Office of Study Away
Regular or Temporary
Hours Per Week
Weeks Per Year
Full or Part Time
Trinity College seeks a staff that reflects the changing demographics of our student body. Our student body is diverse, representing 41 states and 70 countries, with 21 percent U.S. students of color and 50 percent who identify as women. More than 90 percent of students live on campus. Trinity is a highly selective, independent, nonsectarian liberal arts institution located in the capital city of Hartford, Conn. With more than 2,100 full-time undergraduate students and 91 graduate students, the college maintains a rigorous academic profile complemented by a vibrant and diverse co-curricular program. We consider our location in a culturally and socioeconomically diverse capital city to be among Trinity’s most distinctive assets, and we cultivate strong connections with our surrounding neighbors and with institutions and organizations throughout Hartford and the region. As a preeminent liberal arts college in an urban setting, Trinity College prepares students to be bold, independent thinkers who lead transformative lives.
To read the prospectus for this position, please visit this link on Gateway Executive Search’s website.
The ideal candidate will be an energetic and innovative leader who has demonstrated a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the field of international education. The senior director will be highly strategic and mission-driven, with a record of success in fostering student, faculty, and staff engagement in global projects and programs. With primary responsibility for Trinity’s global programs as well as the budgets and staff of the Office of Study Away, the senior director will be solutions-oriented and adept at data-informed planning and decision-making. The incoming senior director has the opportunity to shape the global vision of Trinity College.
The Senior Director of Global Engagement will lead the effort to design a distinctive global education at one of the country’s only selective liberal arts colleges in an urban setting, preparing students for life after college. The senior director will build on a rich history of global programming, Trinity’s location in a culturally vibrant city, and outstanding liberal arts faculty. The College’s commitment to a global vision of learning is key to its strategic plan, and the senior director will be charged with bringing life to this institutional goal. Under the Senior Director of Global Engagement, the Office of Study Away should become known for providing innovative global experiences and learning opportunities to liberal arts students. The senior director must be passionate about empowering students from all backgrounds and disciplines. Through short-term programs, international partnerships, and new opportunities, the senior director will collaborate closely with faculty to integrate off-campus programs and initiatives into the newly adopted Trinity Plus Curriculum .
Reporting directly to and partnering closely with Trinity’s chief academic officer, the Senior Director of Global Engagement will:
- Develop a comprehensive vision and plan for global engaged learning
- Develop and implement an enrollment growth strategy for Trinity programs, including the College’s Rome campus
- Collaborate to build partnerships and connections on and off campus
- Develop and implement international education “Best Practices” across all policies and processes related to study away
- Lead the staff, supporting a dedicated team of professionals in international education
- Manage, develop and streamline the portfolio off-campus programs
- Negotiate new international partnerships, including those attracting non-Trinity students to the College’s Rome campus
- Collaborate creatively to identify synergies and create new opportunities for student and faculty engagement
- Manage budget and risk management of off-campus programs
- 7-10 years of experience in international higher education
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience
- Master’s degree related to work in international education
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Evidence of data-driven decision making, and use of assessment to improve operations and programming
- A “can-do” attitude with demonstrable results
- Strong intercultural communication skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Terminal degree appropriate to the leadership of an international education office within a selective liberal arts college
- Success working collaboratively with faculty and administrators on education abroad programs
- Experience living, working and/or studying in diverse cultural settings
- Proficiency in a language other than English strongly preferred
Trinity College has retained Gateway Executive Search to lead this search. Applications should include a resume and a cover letter of no more than two pages. The cover letter should address why the applicant is interested in the position, how their professional experience fits with the needs of Trinity College, and how they would foster and promote an environment of diversity, equity, and inclusion in this role.
Trinity College is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to attracting and supporting staff who fully represent the racial, ethnic, and cultural diversity of the United States. Read more at: https://www.trincoll.edu/human-resources/eeo-diversity/
Trinity College requires either proof of COVID -19 vaccination and booster or an approved exemption prior to beginning employment.
All inquiries, nominations, and expressions of interest will be held in confidence and should be submitted to the search consultants through firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted electronically via this link until April 7. Applications submitted by email will not be accepted.
Trinity College is an independent, nonsectarian liberal arts college for men and women, with approximately 2,200 undergraduate students and 200 faculty members, located in Hartford, Connecticut. Our Mission is “Engage. Connect. Transform.” As the preeminent liberal arts college in an urban setting, Trinity College prepares students to be bold, independent thinkers who lead transformative lives. Trinity is an actively engaged community of students, faculty and staff who work together to develop and sustain the intellectual and creative opportunities central to a first-class liberal arts education. Hartford, the state capital, provides many opportunities for cultural and social engagement.
The College is committed to building a representative and diverse faculty, administrative staff, and student body. Trinity is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Applicants with disabilities should request, in advance, any needed accommodation in order to participate in the application process.
For all faculty positions, completion of the Ph.D. or appropriate equivalent is expected. Candidates should have a strong commitment to undergraduate and interdisciplinary teaching in a liberal arts context, and a well-articulated plan for sustained research. Trinity is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through their research, teaching, and service.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert