Faculty Position in Agricultural Business
- Buena Vista University
- Iowa, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 1, 2023
The Harold Walter Siebens School of Business at Buena Vista University (BVU) seeks a dynamic teacher who is committed to excellence in undergraduate agricultural business education. The successful candidate will teach courses within the Agricultural Business bachelor’s degree program in agricultural management and other areas consistent with the candidate’s credentials and interests. The candidate will also assist with coursework within the business core curriculum and general education program. This position offers the opportunity to work collaboratively with the Director of BVU’s Ag Institute, BVU’s Ag Experiment Station, and the Lamberti Center for Rural Entrepreneurship to develop hands-on educational opportunities for students. The position is flexible either as a tenure-track or a term contract position, depending on the successful candidate’s credentials. The start date is August 2023.
The Agricultural Business major in the Harold Walter Siebens School of Business is designed to develop in students strong analytical, interpersonal, and professional skills grounded in a comprehensive understanding of agricultural business. The Siebens School is committed to transforming students into exemplary agricultural business leaders by immersing them in a challenging learning environment through course work, simulations, internships, participation in projects, travel opportunities, professional conferences, and partnering with faculty on research. Especially impactful hands-on experience can be gained through engaging with industry partners, the Ag Experiment Station (BVU’s farm), and the Lamberti Center for Rural Entrepreneurship.
- Teach 12 credit hours per fall and spring semesters
- Develop an innovative problem-based curriculum in agricultural business and management
- Work to incorporate experiential learning opportunities into the student experience
- Practice quality interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Interact effectively with students and colleagues, function as an independent professional and work effectively as a team member
- Possess ability and willingness to work with diverse populations
- Supervise, mentor, and advise students and student organizations
- Remain active and current in the field through professional development activities
- Be responsible for University service such as committee work, participation in departmental projects, and academic advising
- Assist in recruitment of students to the University
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree in Agricultural Business or a closely related field (non-tenure track) and/or Master’s Degree in Business with relevant ag business experience.
- Knowledge of US Ag business and Ag production systems
- Ability to teach a variety of courses in the ag business and business core curricula
- Ability to teach, advise, and guide the professional development of students.
- Ability to build connections with professionals in industry.
- PhD in Agricultural Business or closely related field (tenure track, or non-tenure track, depending on candidate’s qualifications and interests) and/or terminal degree in Business with relevant ag business experience.
- Experience teaching at the post-secondary/university level
- Experience teaching courses in face-to-face and online settings
- Relevant professional experience in industry
This position is not eligible for an employer-sponsored visa and all applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
To apply, submit your letter of application, graduate school transcripts (photocopies acceptable with application; official copies will be required for appointment), teaching philosophy statement, current vita, and at least four professional references (including title, address, e-mail address and telephone number). Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
A background check will be conducted on the final candidate. Buena Vista University is an EOE/ADA/Smoke-Free Employer, and especially welcomes applications from individuals who will contribute to any aspect of the university’s diversity.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert