Open Rank Professor - Agribusiness Management Systems
- University of Nebraska - Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture
- Curtis, Nebraska
- Posted Date
- Mar 1, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Business & Management
- Employment Level
- Non-Tenured Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture (NCTA), a two-year college connected to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, is seeking applications for an open rank Professor. This is a 9-month (academic year) non-tenure track appointment teaching ag business in the Agribusiness Management Systems Department starting August 14, 2023. The apportionment is 100% teaching. This position will be located in Curtis, NE, which is 200 miles west of Lincoln, NE.
Core duties and responsibilities:
- The candidate would be capable of using excellent communication skills to provide creative, innovative, applied, and problem-based education methodology for a variety of agribusiness foundational courses, including but not limited to, management, accounting, economics, ag finance, entrepreneurship, and retail and ag marketing, as needed.
- Develop and teach Agribusiness courses within the Agribusiness Management Systems major, including the development and updating of course outlines, lesson plans, presentations, and course materials for both lecture and laboratory formats.
- Responsible for course development and other duties, as assigned.
- Contribute to the service and outreach duties of the division in advising, recruiting, and faculty and student organizations and committee assignments as needed and requested.
- Develop and teach interactive distance education courses may also be required.
- NCTA employees holding an academic year (nine-month) appointment are expected to be available for college activities one week before classes start in both the fall and spring semesters, and through the end of fall semesters which is designated as the date grades are submitted or the date final exams end, whichever comes later. For spring semesters, faculty are expected to be available for college activities for one week after graduation as per NCTA policy.
In addition to the above-described duties, the individual will be expected to accept committee assignments, attend department and college meetings, assume reporting responsibilities, oversee clubs, teams, and extracurricular activities, and other special ad hoc assignments as requested at the administrative unit, college/division, institute, and/or university level. This position will also assist with recruiting, publicity, and facility tours for prospective students. Required Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Agribusiness, Business, Economics, or closely related field from a regionally accredited institution. Master’s degree must be completed by the start date.
- Proficiency in computer technology applications
- Earned Doctorate or ABD.
- Evidence of applied teaching or extension experience in an ag related industry.
- Successful experience facilitating student engagement through student clubs and Agribusiness teams.
- Experience with learning management systems
Recognizing that diversity enhances creativity, innovation, impact, and a sense of belonging, the University of Nebraska and NCTA are committed to creating learning, research, Extension programming, and work environments that are inclusive of all forms of diversity. Consistent with the University’s N2025 Strategic Plan, we see every person and every interaction as important to our collective well-being and our ability to deliver on our mission. Employment-based permanent residency sponsorship is not available for this position now or in the future. Review of applications will begin March 15, 2023 and continue until the position is filled or the search is closed. To view details of the position and create an application, go to https://employment.unl.edu, requisition F_220237. Click “Apply for this Job” and complete the information form. Attach 1) a letter of interest that describes your qualifications for the job and anticipated contributions; 2) your curriculum vitae; and 3) contact information for three professional references. In addition, within the application, please complete the required supplemental question(s), one specifically describing your experience working in diverse teams or groups and your anticipated contributions to creating inclusive environments in which every person and every interaction matters (see https://ianr.unl.edu/tips-writing-about-commitment-to-deib for guidance in writing this statement).
As an EO/AA employer, the University of Nebraska considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation. See https://www.unl.edu/equity/notice-nondiscrimination.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert