Adjunct Pediatric Clinical Nursing Faculty
: Strawberry Plains Campus
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Type of Appointment:
: 35 hours per week
Provide guidance, instruction, and
leadership to registered nursing enrolled in the clinical component
of the Associate of Applied Science in Nursing program. Assists
with evaluation, scheduling, and advising of students. Demonstrated
ability to communicate and work effectively with college faculty,
staff, students, the general public, program advisory committees,
and other health care professionals. Endorsed with appropriate
credentials of RN licensure in Tennessee, CPR certification for
health care professionals and advanced preparation and experience
in one of following areas: Pediatrics, Obstetrics,
Psychiatric/Mental Health or Adult Acute Care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Instruction and supervision of registered nursing students in the
clinical agency in one of the following nursing areas:
Medical-Surgical, Obstetrics and Women's Health, Pediatrics, Mental
· Instruct and supervise R.N. nursing students in the clinical
· Function under the direction of the course faculty or Dean of
Nursing for the course.
· Participate in departmental activities associated with the
· Communicate clearly with students and colleagues.
· Work effectively with traditional and non-traditional students
including but not limited to the culturally and ethnically
· Participate in professional organizations related to nursing and
Adapt to changes in the nursing program.
The College reserves the right to change or reassign
job duties, or combine positions at any time.
· Bachelor or Master of Science in Nursing degree from a regionally
accredited college or university
· Unencumbered Registered Nurse licensure in the State of
· Three years' related work experience as an RN.
· Previous teaching experience in pre-licensure program for RN
· Preparation in medical/surgical, mental health, maternal/newborn
or pediatric nursing required.
· Two years work experience in the past 5 years
· CPR certification for health care providers
· Hold the minimum of a Bachelor or Master of Science Degree in
· Preparation or experience inpediatric
Previous experience in role preferred
(Part-time work experience is calculated at 50% credit of full-time
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Work Characteristics:
Ability to operate various health care equipment; display knowledge
and ability to use current computer technology in theoretical and
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To be considered for a
position at Pellissippi State, you must create an on-line
application. Your skills, abilities, qualifications, and years of
experience will be evaluated using only what is recorded on your
application. Please note: attaching a resume does not substitute
for completion of the application form. Part-time work experience
is calculated at 50% of full-time experience. Please note: to scan,
upload, or attach documents, a computer and scanner are available
at the Hardin Valley Campus Educational Resources Center, if
Pellissippi State Community College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title
IX/Section 504/ADA employer
If you have any problems or questions please contact Pellissippi
State Community College’s Human Resource Office at 865-694-6607 or
by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in this position, click on the link to the
top left to apply.