Assistant Professor - Occupational Therapy (OT) / Academic
MA Occupational Therapy
invites applications for an on-campus, full
time, 12-month rolling contract for an Academic Fieldwork
Coordinator faculty position.
St. Kate’s occupational therapy (OT) department has a 75+ year
history of excellence in occupational therapy (OT) education and
leadership in the profession. Our graduate programs offer an
occupation-based curriculum that is interwoven with the
University’s liberal arts education, and provides students with a
foundation in four major populations and practice areas:
pediatrics, geriatrics, mental health, and rehabilitation. We
strive to prepare students from diverse backgrounds to live out the
principles of social justice to support the occupational
participation of clients in all aspects of their lives.
TheAcademic Fieldwork Coordinator (AFWC)
creates field opportunities for
students to hone their clinical knowledge and skills and deepen
their understanding of populations and cultures in order to have a
- Manage student fieldwork experiences including policy and
practice development, site development, student placement and
support, compliance withACOTEstandards,
and ongoing evaluation.
- Establish and maintain fieldwork processes with students,
faculty, and sites, ensuring adequate and appropriate level of
supervision of students on fieldwork.
- Locate, confirm, and match students to fieldwork sites and
collaborate with fieldwork sites while students are on those
- Engage faculty and students in fieldwork evaluation, decisions,
- Develop and demonstrate learner-centered strategies, carrying
out scholarly activities in collaboration with faculty, students,
and the community in an area of interest.
- Advise graduate students, establishing relationships of trust
and respect with students of all cultures and perspectives in order
to promote student success.
- Provide prompt, quality feedback and advising to students
surrounding course performance.
- Ensure fieldwork placements are in alignment with the
- Design, teach, evaluate, and revise course content to reflect
evidence-based practice and most current knowledge in the field and
to promote student learning.
- Engage in scholarship and professional development activities
to keep current on fieldwork research and best practices.
- Share scholarly work with external audiences through
publication and/or presentations on a University or local
- Participate in University wide activities such as commencement
ceremonies, convocations, faculty meetings and hearing, and faculty
development events, leading the department fieldwork team.
St. Catherine University in St. Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a
comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation’s
largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs
for all genders. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet
in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional
education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry
and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St.
certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral
programs in traditional day and evening/weekend/online
- Doctoral degree
- Three (3) years clinical practice with knowledge of current
occupational therapy (OT) practice.
- Experience working with students as a fieldwork educator, lab
instructor, doctoral capstone mentor, etc.
- Licensed as an OT in state of residence and, if state of
residence is not Minnesota, eligible for licensure in
- Post baccalaureate level teaching experience.
We seek creative, adaptable staff who enjoy working in a university
climate that promotes cultural diversity, multicultural
understanding, and cultural fluency. Consistent with the
university’s commitment to women, diversity and social justice,
preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in
their experience and service.
St. Catherine University is an equal opportunity employer. Our
commitment to inclusion reflects the central value of the Sisters
of St. Joseph of Carondelet to “love of neighbor without
distinction” and provides a learning and working environment that
is enriched by the diversity of all our members. Individuals of
religious, racial, ethnic, gender identity, nation of origin, or
disability groups that have traditionally had less representation
in higher education are encouraged to apply. Should you need an
interview accommodation please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
Application instructions for FACULTY
to apply. Three references and successful completion of
a background check will be required for employment. For
information, contact Stephanie de Sam Lazaro email@example.com@stkate.edu
Application deadline is September 30, 2021.
Given the way campus life inherently puts people in close proximity
to each other, including residence and dining halls, classrooms,
and gatherings, the University has determined that a vaccination
requirement is the best way to keep our community safe and prevent
potential outbreaks as we return to more regular, in-person
operations.St. Catherine University is requiring all
students, faculty (including adjuncts contracted for the fall
semester and beyond), staff, and residents age 12 and older to
complete theirCOVID-19vaccination series unless
the University approves a medical or religious accommodation or
other accommodation/exemption as required by applicable
. New employees must submit vaccination documentation
or be approved for an exemption/accommodation before beginning
work. For more information, visitstkate.edu/coronavirus-info/vaccine
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace / Tobacco Free
Our university is a proud member of the Upper
MidwestHERCand is committed to recruiting
and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and
assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find
other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit:
Posting Start Date
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an
- *HRQ: What is your highest level of
- Some high school
- High school diploma or GED
- Some college
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Some graduate school
- Master's degree
- Professional degree (e.g., JD, MD)
- Doctoral degree
- *HRQ: For any education beyond high
school, please list the degree or certification and the area of
(Open Ended Question)
- *Do you have current and unrestricted
OTA or OT licensure in your state of residence?
- *Are you eligible for or do you hold
your OT licensure in Minnesota?
- *Are you certified with the National
Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT)?
- *How many years of occupational
therapy experience do you have? This includes clinical practice as
an occupational therapist or occupational therapy assistant.
- 1-2 years
- 3-4 years
- 5-7 years
- 8+ years
- *HRQ: St. Kate’s is committed to
making Inclusive Excellence a reality and has identified “Drive a
Culture of Inclusive Excellence” as one of six priorities in the
strategic plan. Give a specific example of how you have promoted a
culture that values diversity, equity and inclusion in your current
or recent role(s).
(Open Ended Question)
- *Given the way campus life inherently
puts people in close proximity to each other, including residence
and dining halls, classrooms, and gatherings, the University has
determined that a vaccination requirement is the best way to keep
our community safe and prevent potential outbreaks as we return to
more regular, in-person operations. St. Catherine University is
requiring all students, faculty (including adjuncts contracted for
the fall semester and beyond), staff, and residents age 12 and
older to complete their COVID-19 vaccination series unless the
University approves a medical or religious accommodation or other
accommodation/exemption as required by applicable law. New
employees must submit vaccination documentation or be approved for
an exemption/accommodation before beginning work. For more
information, visit stkate.edu/coronavirus-info/vaccine. We include
this information to ensure that candidates are aware of and
acknowledge understanding of the new requirement.
- I have read and understand the requirement.
- *HRQ: Are you presently legally
authorized to work in the United States for any U.S. employer?
Please be aware that St. Catherine University is only able to
consider candidates who are authorized to work in the United
- *HRQ: St. Catherine University
welcomes applications from candidates who are traditionally
under-represented. We are happy to consider candidates who are
currently in possession of a temporary work visa, however, please
be aware that we do not offer employment visa sponsorship. Will you
now or in the future require an employer to sponsor you for an
employment-based visa/status in the U.S. (e.g. H-1B status)?
- *HRQ: Can you perform the essential
functions of this position with or without accommodation?
- *HRQ: How did you hear about this
- St. Catherine University website
- St. Catherine University employee
- Academic Jobs
- American College Personnel Association (ACPA)
- Association of Catholic Colleges/Universities
- Association of Student Affairs at Catholic Colleges and
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- College or University website
- Council of Independent Colleges
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Google Jobs
- Higher Education Case Managers Association (HECMA)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Hispanic Outlook on Education Magazine
- Inside Higher Ed
- Insight Into Diversity
- Latinos in Higher Ed
- LGBTQ in Higher Education
- Minnesota College Professionals Association
- Minnesota Council of Nonprofits
- MinnesotaWorks.net/Minnesota Workforce Center
- Minority Jobs
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators
- National Association of Independent Colleges and
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators
- National Conference on Race and Ethnicity (NCORE)
- People of Color in Higher Education
- Pioneer Press
- Pollen Midwest
- Saint Paul Chamber of Commerce (SPACC)
- Star Tribune
- Twin Cities Senior Student Affairs Officers listserv
- Women in Higher Education
- Cover Letter
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Professional Reference Contact Information
- NBCOT Certificate
- OT License
- Statement of Teaching Interests