Assistant Field Hockey Coach
- Rhodes College
- Tennessee, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 1, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Student Affairs, Athletics
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Assistant Field Hockey Coach
Women's Field Hockey
Rhodes College is seeking an assistant field hockey coach. The assistant field hockey coach is responsible for teaching and coaching student-athletes in order to develop and acquire the extensive tactical, technical and physical knowledge required to be a competitive Division III intercollegiate level student-athlete. This role assists the head coach in skill evaluation, instruction, planning, organization, and supervision of individual and team practices and intercollegiate athletic competitions.
Job Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Understand and comply with all rules and guidelines set forth by the NCAA Div III , Rhodes College, SAA (Southern Athletic Conference), and Rhodes College Athletics, working with compliance office to make sure programs and student-athletes are complying with all rules and regulations regarding compliance issues. All athletic staff should score a minimum score of 75 on the NCAA Rules Test.
- Complete all credit card reconciliations, email correspondence, and returning of phone calls in a timely manner, meeting deadlines as directed.
- Assist Head Coach in developing teams which are competetive within the conference, region and nationally by maximizing the student-athletes talents while also teaching and promoting teamwork while supporting the educational goals of individual student-athletes by demonstrating a coaching philosophy which encourages those goals and promoting an environment conducive to both.
- Assist with equipment, apparel, and facility maintenance as directed by Head Coach.
- Supervise Student workers as assigned
- Assist in administrative functions including budgeting, managing of funds, purchasing, travel, and recruiting.
- Assist with coordination of team travel.
- Assist Head Coach in the evaluation and comparison of athletic talent for potential growth and development of student-athletes while maintaining correspondence with prospects through phone, email, and in-person visits.
- Regular attendance is an essential function to perform the duties of this position.
Supervise student athletes in the varsity weight room.
- Bachelors Degree
- This position requires a valid driver's license, good driving record, and must be insurable by the College's insurance carrier.
- Must communicate effectively with all types of people, and establish and maintain a strong working relationship with students, parents, alumni, faculty, staff and other college personnel.
- Must have the ability to work responsibly with minimal supervision.
- Must have knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Prefer experience as a high school and/or college field hockey coach.
Athletics - Medium Work: Exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Position involves both inside sedentary work and work on different fields and on other fitness environments while coaching and training situations with student-athletes. Lifting required (ie., set-up of scorers' table, etc.), some manual labor is expected. Evening and weekend hours in all types of weather, with travel is necessary.
A complete application includes a cover letter and a resume.
Rhodes offers an excellent benefits package and a great working environment. We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity in the workforce.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert