The Assistant/ Associate Director of Residential Communities is one
of three management staff in the Office of Residential Communities.
Responsibilities include coordinating the opening and closing of
residence halls, as well as managing all residential assignments,
compile departmental reports addressing residence hall usage,
occupancy, and demographic data; supervise either an Area
Coordinator/ Graduate Resident Director ( depending on staffing
needs and levels), coordinate fire safety inspections of residence
- Assignments & Operations
- Responsible for the room selection process for all
- Collaborate with the Center for Academic Success on housing
students with accommodations.
- Oversee operations related to opening and closing the
- Collaborate with Environmental Health and Safety regarding fire
safety protocols including drills and inspections along with
supporting EHS educational initiatives.
- Responsible for creating, publicizing and monitoring the
shuttle schedule that falls around University closures.
- Develop Summer housing in coordination with Physical Plant and
Summer Programs Director.
- Manages software upgrades, as well as recommends the use of new
or existing internal and/or external hardware and software
- Provides training and guidance on use of computer operating
systems and software programs.
- Manage The Housing Director software and liaison with
- Create reports for institutional knowledge from The Housing
Director software to be distributed to various campus
- Trains, supervises, mentors, and evaluates area coordinator
position (1-2) and/ or Graduate Resident Directors.
- Indirectly oversee RA staff under their staff purview
- Assist in the development, implementation, and evaluation of
- Develops, implements, and maintains assessment plans and
practices for the department to support high occupancy levels and
- Administer residential communities assessment instruments.
- Uses reporting metrics from The Housing Director software
- Consistently benchmark best practices against peer-institutions
and develop initiatives in support of housing occupancy.
- Additional Duties
- Serve in the Incident Commander on-call rotation in support of
the first level on-call rotation and the overall campus
- Participate in weekly Residential Communities staff meetings,
trainings, and in-service programs.
- Support University events such as open houses, accepted student
day, orientation, commencement, and hot dog day
- Participate in and chairs various departmental committees.
- Participate in Student Experience meetings, functions, and
Staff Development initiatives.
- Establishes, cultivates, and maintains effective working
relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Provides quality customer service to students, parents, faculty
and staff by clarifying policy, addressing residential life
concerns and answering inquiries in a timely fashion.
- Serves as a Campus Security Authority regarding Clery Act
- Maintains privacy and confidentiality of records in accordance
with established University policy as well as applicable federal
regulations appropriate to higher education.
- Serve as a university conduct officer as needed by the Office
of Student Conduct Administration.
- Formal Education: Bachelor's required, Master's preferred.
- Experience: Significant experience in facilities management,
housing assignment process and residence life.
- Additional Knowledge/Skills: Proficient in Microsoft suite,
housing software system. Excellent customer service and
organizational skills. Ability to multi-task.
Alfred University actively subscribes to a policy of equal
employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any
employee, student or applicant because of race, age, sex, color,
sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, physical
or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin,
marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status,
domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction status,
political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by
applicable law. Protected veterans, minorities and women are
encouraged to apply.