STANDARDIZED PATIENT (PART-TIME)
Number of Vacancies:
School of Podiatric Medicine
Scope of Job:
In a clinical setting, independently, consistently and accurately
portray specific emotions, behaviors and disease symptoms while
interacting with students in the health care field during simulated
patient encounters designed to enable experiential learning and/or
assessment of students' skills.
Description of Duties:
• Memorizes a case script detailing specific emotions, behaviors,
and disease signs/symptoms for presentation during simulated
• Assesses student behaviors using standardized measurement tools,
and participates in group training and/or mentorship of entry-level
• Presents case information in a standardized manner, as elicited
by students during simulated interactive patient history and/or
• Remains in a specific patient character as trained when
responding to student questions.
• Accurately remembers encounters with students for the purpose of
scoring student behaviors.
• Participates in group training and/or mentorship of entry-level
• Maintains confidentiality of information related to cases,
student behaviors and feedback evaluations.
• Provides educationally constructive verbal feedback within a
structured format, as appropriate to the position.
• Works varied hours on an on-call basis, as needed.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Direct supervision from assigned supervisor.
• Flexible scheduling.
• Ability to accurately and convincingly maintain a specified
character as trained.
• Ability to work flexible hours on a scheduled on-call
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in
• Ability to recall case information, as cued by students in a
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of case and student
• Ability to understand and follow directions and incorporate
• Ability to recall and accurately score student behaviors.
Use of standard office equipment.
• Must be able to: move all extremities without difficulty, step up
and down from an exam table, and quickly change from a gown to
• Work is performed in an interior medical/clinical
The Standardized Patient is interviewed and examined by learners as
though they were that person in the doctor’s office, clinic, or
emergency department, giving that patient’s history, and simulating
their physical signs, such as pain or difficulty waking. No
invasive examinations are performed; no medications are given; no
sharps are used. Some disrobing may be required.
Commensurate with Experience
Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date:
Grant Funded Position:
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to
promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all
individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex,
age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In
accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the Civil Rights
Act of 1964, the Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972,
Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans
with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is
committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures
non-discrimination in its education programs and activities,
including employment. We encourage women, minorities and
differently abled persons to apply for employment positions of
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Dear Applicant, Human Resources will not be held responsible for
redacting any confidential information from the documents you
attach with your application. The confidential information includes
the following: *Date of Birth *Gender *Ethnicity/Race Please make
sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are
advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application
to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas
Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting
applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after
meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days. If you
have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956)
665-2451 and/or email@example.com.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is
subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background
check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval
from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/36548