Business Systems Analyst
- University of California, Santa Barbara
- Santa Barbara, California
- $68,700 - $81,460/yr.
- Posted Date
- Feb 28, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Business Systems Analyst
Education Abroad Program Loc Q
University of California, Santa Barbara
Summary of Job Details:
The Business Systems Analyst is a liaison between end users/business and IT to help ensure project outcomes meet business needs and requirements. Assists in defining business requirements, software specifications, applications and workflow processes. Consults with end users and management to identify and document business requirements of proposed application systems or business mandates. Evaluates current and future business needs to recommend appropriate solutions to improve existing systems. Develops and maintains functional specifications for new or modified business systems. Consults and coordinates with programmers and other technical staff to design and develop automated business systems. Assists end users in the development of expected results for quality assurance testing; coordinates transition from development to QA. Coordinates activities between QA, Development and End Business Owners. Tracks and documents changes to business requirements and functional specifications. Writes and maintains detailed systems documentation, release notes, user instructions, and procedures. Monitors and documents post-implementation problems and revision requests. Aids in vendor system evaluations as requested. Provides issue/resolution support as required. Assists users and IT team, problem-solves, communicates changes, and trains students, staff, and faculty (local and remote) on the use of UCEAP Portal, a mission-critical, proprietary suite of multiple interrelated database-driven applications that comprise UCEAP's student information system, and other business systems such as the web CMS (Drupal) and CRM. Understands and explains workflows and processes, responds to customer inquiries and manages each request through to resolution. Tracks customer requests and works with developers, testers, and business analysts to ensure each task is completed while meeting customer expectations for quality and timeliness. Identifies and documents problems; tracks requirements; draws valid conclusions; develops and communicates effective solutions to appropriate business entities. Collects, organizes, measures, monitors, and analyzes web site activity. Works with cross-functional teams to implement Google Analytics, Tag Manager, monitor traffic, and monitor conversions, site member interactions, activities, and stability. Gathers and defines business requirements for reporting, dashboards, and analytics and ad-hoc reports for Business Units. Provides consultative direction; enforces best practices and standards. Identifies critical needs and provides leadership to close gaps and fulfill requirements. Continually monitors processes; makes recommendations and improves operations. Communicates findings to non-technical stakeholders and senior leadership. Oversees the UCEAP Helpdesk to support users (both local and remote), routing and answering both technical and business related inquiries as needed. Manages and updates the IT annual calendar of ongoing projects. Responsible for reminding IT unit of yearly tasks such as preparing the next recruitment cycle materials (program changes, program web pages, calendars, pre-departure checklist, and guides) and reviewing and updating UCEAP staff access to secure systems and websites. Notifies UCEAP staff of student information system and the UCEAP website maintenance downtime. Accurately tracks and updates information in UCEAP Portal including application deadlines and UCEAP costs; manages user accounts and staff account access. Coordinates communication with UC Campus and Study Center stakeholders and serves as the principal project liaison to UC campuses and EAP Study Centers, to integrate stakeholder requirements into the project. Manages roll-out and change request communications; handles questions and routing requests. Prepares training materials and conducts training for local and remote staff.
• Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent experience and/or training.
• Experience translating business information requirements into data models, diagrams, use cases and testing scripts.
• 4-6 years of experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Intermediate knowledge of business and process analysis functions.
• Intermediate knowledge of related areas of IT.
• General knowledge of business and process analysis functions.
• Knowledge relating to software design.
• In-depth understanding and skill in process and systems requirement documentation standards, such as Use Case modeling, User Story creations and narrative descriptions.
• Skills associated with analysis of processes and issues of moderate scope, information flow and Experience with business process maps and data.
• Ability to quickly understand business process issues and gather the necessary information to document business/technical requirements in an evolving end-user environment.
• Demonstrated understanding of business priorities, challenges, and direction to drive change and desired outcomes.
• Must be able to balance the user needs with overall organizational needs including efficient, cost effective operations.
• Strong analytical, problem solving, critical thinking, and organizational skills.
• Must be an adaptable problem solver.
• Ability to develop original ideas to solve problems.
• Demonstrated testing and test planning skills.
• Ability to develop test scripts with direction from test lead and assist with end-user testing.
• Excellent time management skills; able to meet deadlines.
• Ability to handle ambiguity in a fast-paced environment with multiple concurrent tasks and changing priorities.
• Demonstrated effective facilitation, communication (verbal and written), and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel; ability to work productively with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
• Strong collaboration and teamwork skills.
• Knowledge of Agile/Scrum development methodologies and tools.
• Knowledge of Drupal.
• Strong skills and knowledge of methodologies associated with analysis of processes and problems, information flow and architecture.
Special Conditions of Employment:
• Satisfactory completion of a conviction history background check
• The UCEAP Systemwide Office is located in Goleta, CA (near UCSB). This position is eligible for remote or hybrid work arrangements. Work schedule to align with core business hours, Pacific Time. Per UC policy, travel costs for professional development will be reimbursed up to the expenses for travel to and from the UCEAP Systemwide Office (Goleta, CA) regardless of the elected remote work location.
• UCSB is a Tobacco-Free environment.
Hiring/Budgeted Salary Range: $68,700 - $81,460/yr.
Days/Hours: M-F; 8am - 5pm Pacific Time or similar schedule
Benefits Eligibility: Full Benefits
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Application review begins: 3/14/23
Apply online at https://jobs.ucsb.edu
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert