Saint Peter's University
, founded in 1872, is a Jesuit,
Catholic, coeducational, liberal arts University located in Jersey
City, New Jersey.
Saint Peter's University seeks to develop the whole person in
preparation for a lifetime of learning, leadership, and service in
a diverse and global society.
Committed to academic excellence and individual attention
Saint Peter's University provides education, informed by values,
primarily in degree-granting programs in the arts, science, and
business, to resident and commuting students from a variety of
Saint Peter’s University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Saint Peter’s
University desires to ensure that faculty, students and staff
members from underrepresented and marginalized populations are an
integral part of the life and governance of the institution.
For more information about Saint Peter's University, please visit
Named #1 in the nation for transformation in 2018 by the
American Council on Education/Fidelity Investments
Leadership Gifts Officer
Jersey City Campus
Full Time, Part Time, Adjunct
Reporting to the Senior Director of Leadership and Planned Giving,
the Leadership Gift Officer is a front-line gift officer
responsible for securing leadership annual and campaign gifts. This
involves working in partnership with Advancement colleagues to
develop and implement qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and
stewardship strategies for a portfolio of 150-175 prospects, and to
staff and support specific appeals throughout the year.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop a pipeline of prospects with the giving potential of
$1,000-$25,000 by taking the lead role in the identification,
qualification and solicitation of new leadership level donors and
by “cold calling” alumni, non-affiliated prospects, and parents who
are not currently engaged or may not have been previously
- Facilitate and coordinate communications and positive
interactions with prospects and donors.
- Complete 90-100 face-to-face or virtual visits per year,
designed to move prospects toward making a philanthropic commitment
to the University.
- Open a minimum of 30 proposals per year.
- Personally solicit leadership level annual and multi-year
campaign gifts by working directly with donors and coordinating
with department colleagues and volunteers.
- Identify prospects for potential Board appointment who reflect
the broad diversity of the populations the University serves.
- Attend a significant number of campus and local events, as well
as host salon events and cultivation programs, as a representative
of the University.
- Ability and willingness to travel and work evenings and
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Director of
Leadership and Planned Giving or Assistant Vice President or Vice
President for Advancement and External Affairs.
- A minimum of 2 years of development experience of a comparable
nature is required, preferably with a background in direct
marketing or sales.
- Proven success in cultivation and solicitation of gifts at or
above the $10,000 level.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and to multi-task yet maintain
close connection with colleagues.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Outcomes-oriented work style with the ability to develop
strategies to achieve fundraising goals, analyze results and adjust
strategies based on those results.
- Optimistic and empowered attitude.
- Unparalleled personal integrity.
- Ability to handle highly confidential information with
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge software and capital campaign
experience is a plus.
- A driver’s license and personal vehicle are required.
- Ability to inspire a passion for Saint Peter’s and the Jesuit
- All employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID -19
before they begin work, unless they are approved for a medical or
A Bachelor’s degree is required.
Licenses (if applicable)
Posting Detail Information
Position Posting Date
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants