Saint Peter's University
, founded in 1872, is a Jesuit,
Catholic, coeducational, liberal arts University located in Jersey
City, New Jersey.
Saint Peter's University seeks to develop the whole person in
preparation for a lifetime of learning, leadership, and service in
a diverse and global society.
Committed to academic excellence and individual attention
Saint Peter's University provides education, informed by values,
primarily in degree-granting programs in the arts, science, and
business, to resident and commuting students from a variety of
Saint Peter’s University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Saint Peter’s
University desires to ensure that faculty, students and staff
members from underrepresented and marginalized populations are an
integral part of the life and governance of the institution.
For more information about Saint Peter's University, please visit
Named #1 in the nation for transformation in 2018 by the
American Council on Education/Fidelity Investments
Data Science Adjuncts
Computer & Information Science
Full Time, Part Time, Adjunct
Duties and Responsibilities
Saint Peter’s University is committed to helping students achieve
success not only with their academics, but also in their
professional fields. As a result, we actively seek faculty members
who are scholar-practitioners: professionals who are actively and
successfully engaged in their field who additionally wish to help
the next generation of professionals grow in their knowledge and
expertise through education.
Teaching graduate students in a specific field of expertise on a
part-time basis in the following areas:
• Big Data and Data Management
• Data Mining
• Machine Learning
• Data Visualization
• Predictive Analytics and Financial Modeling
• Knowledge of Python and SAS
• Tableau, IBM Watson and Excel preferred
• Supervision of Capstone Consulting Engagement
· Actively engage students though frequent interaction that
motivates them to succeed, and conveys a genuine energy and
enthusiasm for their learning
· Guide students in active collaboration and the application of
their learning in problem- and project-based learning
· Provide rich and regular constructive feedback, utilizing rubrics
effectively for the assessment of student work, and acknowledging
· Demonstrate relevant and current subject-matter expertise, and
help students connect concepts across their academic program.
· Provide feedback to your program chair on possible curricular
· Developing and managing the class syllabus and ensuring that the
syllabus meets department and college standards
· Planning and creating lectures, for both online and in-class
discussions and assignments
· Grading assigned papers, quizzes and exams
· Assessing grades for students based on participation, performance
in class, assignments and examinations
· Advising students on how to be successful in class
· Staying updated on innovations and changes within their course
A terminal degree (i.e. PhD, DBA, etc.) is preferred from an
accredited institution of higher learning, related to Data
Science/Business Analytics, and a Master’s is required.
Professional experience in industry.
Higher Education teaching experience preferred.
About Saint Peter's
Licenses (if applicable)
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Adjunct Professor – Master
of Science in Data Science.