Saint Peter's University
, founded in 1872, is a Jesuit,
Catholic, coeducational, liberal arts University located in Jersey
City, New Jersey.
Saint Peter's University seeks to develop the whole person in
preparation for a lifetime of learning, leadership, and service in
a diverse and global society.
Committed to academic excellence and individual attention
Saint Peter's University provides education, informed by values,
primarily in degree-granting programs in the arts, science, and
business, to resident and commuting students from a variety of
Saint Peter’s University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Saint Peter’s
University desires to ensure that faculty, students and staff
members from underrepresented and marginalized populations are an
integral part of the life and governance of the institution.
For more information about Saint Peter's University, please visit
Named #1 in the nation for transformation in 2018 by the
American Council on Education/Fidelity Investments
Director of Admissions
Jersey City Campus
Full Time, Part Time, Adjunct
Reporting to the Vice President of Enrollment Management and
Marketing, the director of admissions serves as a key member of the
Enrollment Management and Marketing senior staff. The successful
candidate will provide effective, visionary leadership for all
areas of undergraduate freshmen and transfer admissions. The person
in this role will also work collaboratively with international
admission, Veterans/Military, athletics, and adult degree
The Director is expected to develop and implement an integrated
marketing and recruitment strategy for new student admissions while
overseeing a holistic admissions process. The Director will help
develop recruitment goals and projections and collaborate with
enrollment services, faculty, and academic staff to achieve these
goals and ensure that enrollment targets are met for undergraduate
freshmen and transfer students.
Additionally, through strategic planning of recruitment, event
planning, admission policy and processes, and collaborating on
search, marketing and advertising, and training/development of the
team associated with each of these areas the Director will have
oversight of the entire enrollment funnel. This position also works
closely with fellow EMM senior leaders including: the Executive
Director of Marketing and Web Services, the Director of Graduate
and International Admission, the Director of Global Learning and
International Student Services, the Director of Financial Aid, and
the Director of Veteran and Military Services.
Duties & Responsibilities
· lead, manage, and provide growth and professional development for
a team of 10-15 staff as well as be a partner with other senior
enrollment management leaders.
· partner with financial aid, student success and other key offices
for enrollment success
· identify and analyze potential growth markets and incorporate
them into successful marketing and recruitment plans; develop a
recruitment strategy which is inclusive of all events.
· help create, and deliver University brand to prospective markets
and guide undergraduate enrollment team in delivering cohesive
messaging that helps to differentiate the University from
· collaborate in the development of and then the management of the
entire enrollment funnel (search to enrollment) and analyze
undergraduate admissions data to ensure enrollment numbers and
targets are achieved; this position will work collaboratively with
internal and external stakeholders to achieve enrollment goals for
each stage of the funnel.
· understand and utilize technology platforms (particularly SLATE,
Colleague, and others) to manage the enrollment process
· champion undergraduate admissions by being a leader; this role
will need to benchmark, innovate, change, inspire, and any other
· lead initiatives aimed at Saint Peter’s University strategic
plan, while also working with Institutional Research to develop
reporting tools to assess application processes, volume and
productivity of recruitment efforts, and metrics to forecast
· serve as an ambassador for Saint Peter’s in the higher
education/enrollment management community. And be a thought-leader
and resource to internal and external audiences on higher education
· present at various in-person and virtual events including, but
not limited to, open houses, and accepted student days.
· Other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Enrollment
· Success with motivating, supervising, and evaluating staff
performance, with the ability to handle multiple demands on time in
a calm and effective way.
· Accountable and transparent and in turn expect accountability and
transparency from team.
· The successful candidate must be a strong collaborator and
partner that is able to work with individuals from diverse ethnic,
cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds and can work effectively
with leadership regarding issues impacting undergraduate
· The successful candidate will also exhibit a strong commitment to
student learning and development (cura personalis) and the
mission/traditions of Jesuit, Catholic education.
· Comprehensive knowledge and experience with higher education
policies and best practices including incorporating technology,
marketing and communications into the process.
· Strong customer-care philosophy and understanding of how to
effectively balance the needs of students, parents, and counselors
with the overall needs and priorities of the university.
· Ability to develop and maintain relationships with key internal
and external stakeholders (ie. High school/college counselors,
· Ability and motivation to work evenings, and weekends; some
travel will be required.
· Sense of humor, empathy, and clarity of purpose in the
· Multi-lingual (Spanish preferred) and cross-cultural
· Valid driver’s license required and Passport preferred.
Expected start date: July 1st
Saint Peter’s University requires COVID Vaccination and Booster;
medical exemption application considered.
The position requires a master’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of
progressive leadership in higher education.
Experience and demonstrated success in undergraduate enrollment
management; experience with comprehensive program
development/management and supervising diverse backgrounds.
Licenses (if applicable)
Posting Detail Information
Position Posting Date
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants