- Coppin State University
- Maryland, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 28, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Arts, Art History, Science, Technology & Mathematics, Computer Sciences & Technology, Mathematics, Statistics, Social & Behavioral Sciences, Criminal Justice & Criminology
- Employment Level
- Non-Tenured Track
- Employment Type
- Part Time
The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at Coppin State University ( CSU ) invites applications for multiple Adjunct faculty positions in Mathematics or Statistics in Spring 2023. The successful candidate should have a master’s degree in mathematics or statistics and is expected to attend faculty development activities and teach undergraduate courses with a commitment to excellence in teaching using Blackboard Ultra learning management system. Also, the applicant should be able to teach day and/or evening classes. For the purposes of reappointment, emphasis will be placed on teaching effectiveness, class learning evaluation, and grade reporting promptness. To apply, please send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, statements of teaching philosophy with a statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will support Coppin State’s Diversity student population, and three letters of reference sent directly by your referees. Learn more about CSU visit: www.coppin.edu
Successful applicants will demonstrate a commitment to excellence in teaching undergraduate students and Successful candidates should have an interest to teach a diverse set of courses in mathematics ranging from Developmental Mathematics, College Algebra, Pre-Calculus, and Basic Statistics to Upper-Level Calculus, Numerical Analysis courses at the undergraduate level. For more course details visit https://tinyurl.com/ MATH -Courses
A maximum of three courses (3-credit hours or a combination of 4-credit hours) or less workload is assigned to accommodate the availability suitable to the adjunct’s schedule.
Participate in faculty development activities in the department, generally at the beginning of the semester.
Successful applicants will have an interest in fostering rigorous, inclusive, and high-impact learning environments for a diverse student body.
- A Master’s in Mathematics or Statistics or in a related field in applied mathematics at or near the time of appointment is required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to collegiality and teamwork.
- Evidence of potential for excellence in teaching mathematics and/or statistics to undergraduates.
- Teaching experience with underrepresented students is highly preferred.
- A solid background in mathematics and/or statistics, and the ability to teach computational mathematics and/or statistics.
It is expected that the person in this position will be able to teach standard undergraduate courses in mathematics and/or statistics to support our mathematics and computer science department. Candidates are expected to have a commitment to excellence in teaching in an interdisciplinary liberal arts environment. Candidates should also show a commitment to equity and inclusion in teaching and mentoring a diverse student body. Additionally:
- Able to maintain confidential information records about students and department grade records.
- The successful candidate must have authorization from the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services to work in the United States.
Work is performed in a normal office environment, computer labs, and classroom.
Position Detail Information
Posting Detail Information
Position End Date (if temporary)
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicant
COVID -19 vaccinations are strongly encouraged for all University employees. Medical and religious exemption request are accepted and are evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Please submit any/all documents related to this matter to AskHR@coppin.edu .
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert