Graduate School Recruiter/Enrollment Coordinator - 2771
- University of North Carolina at Pembroke
- Pembroke, North Carolina
- Commensurate Upon Education and Experience
- Posted Date
- Feb 28, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Student Affairs, Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Established in 1887 as a school for the education of American Indians, The University of North Carolina at Pembroke serves a distinctly diverse student body and encourages inclusion and appreciation of the values of all people. Located in the heart of Pembroke, N.C., UNCP boasts an enrollment of 8,200 in 41 undergraduate and 18 graduate programs and offers a personalized learning environment where faculty and staff are dedicated to engaged scholarship, high academic standards, creative activity and public service. Spread over 281 acres, the campus offers a sense of community and belonging–a place where faculty and staff feel supported, take pride in the university’s mission, and are devoted to excellence in teaching, learning and research, and to developing leaders who make a difference in their communities.
Recruiter/Coordinator is to
1. Engage and recruit prospective graduate students to The Graduate School by exhibiting at select career, community, and graduate fairs/ conferences (includes carrying and setting up/breaking down marketing materials) * Must possess a valid driver’s license with good driving record.
2. Inform and update other universities about UNCP’s graduate programs at in a recruitment effort.
3. Develop and execute recruitment plans to enroll a maximum number of potentially-successful graduate students.
4. Maintain and manage data tracking systems for potential applicants, applicants, and students. Provide written reports and analysis on a regular basis. Monitor and ensure enrollment and increase yields in accordance with the university’s strategic plan.
5. Quickly respond to telephone, email, online and other inquiries from prospective students to ensure quality individual attention.
6. Assumes primary responsibility for planning and marketing outreach activities including Orientations, Open Houses, Information sessions, tours, social media, Graduate Student Organization, and the like (involves some physical activity for set up/break down items for activities) both on campus and off campus. Evaluates effectiveness of recruitment efforts and strategies.
7. Help insure accurate information about programs through personal communication, online, telephone, web-based, and other means of communication.
8. Keep abreast of current market trends and conduct competitive analyses for graduate programs.
9. Work respectfully and collaboratively with prospective and current students, faculty, Program Directors, administrative offices, and the Graduate staff.
10. Assist with Graduate School Office administration and other position-related duties, as needed.
11. Participate in assigned University-wide committees and events.
NOTE: Some weekend and evenings required (i.e. Recruitment, Info Sessions, Orientation, Commencement, etc.)
Additional Abilities and Skills:
• Effectively represent the university and its programs to outside stakeholders.
• Organize, prioritize and handle multiple tasks to meet established deadlines.
• Exercise sound judgment and decision making.
• Demonstrate analytical and conceptual abilities.
• Strong analytical, organization and prioritization, project management, oral/written communication, listening, customer service, presentation, interpersonal, networking and public relations skills.
Minimum Training and Experience Requirements: Bachelor’s degree and computer competencies are required. Experience with admissions management software, marketing, and banner preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated organizational ability, and proven ability to collaborate with a variety of the Graduate School’s internal and external constituencies are essential.
Management Preferences: Bachelor’s degree and computer competencies are required. Experience with admissions management software, marketing, and Banner preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated organizational ability, and proven ability to collaborate with a variety of the Graduate School’s internal and external constituencies are essential.
• Admissions experience, graduate admission experience preferred.
• Public speaking experience in a service-oriented environment.
• Sales, marketing and/or public relations experience
Special Instructions to Applicants: This position is subject to the successful completion of an employment background check. An employment background check includes a criminal background check, employment verification, reference checks, license verification (if applicable) and credit history check (if applicable). In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. New employees are paid only by direct deposit to the financial institution of their choice. Candidates claiming Veterans Preference must attach a copy of their DD-214 as a part of the online application process.
UNC Pembroke is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The University prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibits discrimination against all individuals based on their age, race, color, genetic information, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and national origin. UNC Pembroke is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans for our openings.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert