- San Jose State University
- California, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 27, 2023
The Case Management office serves both the University and the individual student by working in a holistic manner with students who are experiencing higher levels of distress, life challenges, or barriers which could be interfering with their ability to be successful through our SJSU Cares, Behavioral Intervention Team, and Spartan Food Pantry programs. Reporting to the Senior Student Affairs Case Manager, the Office Coordinator performs duties independently under general supervision to provide moderately to complex administrative and clerical support to the case managers, basic needs coordinators, and the department with all the functions necessary for a busy and highly visible department. This position coordinates serves as the in-person and digital welcoming for students, staff, and community members reaching out to our office. They directly perform and oversee student staff who assist with typical receptionist and administrative duties.
- Independently opens and organizes the front office and equipment on a daily basis (i.e., opens cabinets, logs-ins, maintains lobby/waiting areas)
- Coordinates the department voicemail and email accounts including daily operational and -setup/maintenance needs. Responds to department messages with appropriate next steps, connects staff, and alert staff on urgent matters. Picks up, delivers and distributes mail
- Coordinates, processes, and follows-up on media/interview requests for the department in consultation with the Senior Student Affairs Case Manager
- Coordinates staff schedules and contacts including re-schedules
- Assists with key & card access requests forms for the department
- Coordinate office purchases, pay invoices, purchase tracking, reconciliation, etc.
- Run budget reports
- Provides general receptionist duties by receiving, checking-in guests, helping triage assistance needs. Alerts staff of appointment arrivals
- Answers phones and directs visitors, students, staff and faculty to campus resources depending on the situation
- Schedules personal appointments, educational appointments, crisis appointments and case manager appointments
- Assume additional projects and responsibilities in response to emerging issues
- Become highly knowledgeable of scope of services in the office, eligibility requirements etc., to communicate with students, faculty, staff and community partners
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to present information to constituents
- Experience promoting social justice. Ability to communicate and connect with students, faculty, staff and community partners from diverse backgrounds using friendly, courteous attitude and tactful and inclusive language
- Ability to work with current versions of Microsoft Office, G Suite, as well as software applications such as database management. Proficient in email and phone skills
- Strong problem solving, organizational and time management skills. Ability to handle multiple work priorities, organize and plan work and projects. Detail-oriented, and ability to take initiative and complete assigned tasks with little supervision
- Ability to listen and determine the true intent of a question and provide correct information
- Ability to patiently explain procedures and/or the necessity of seeking assistance from the appropriate source
- Ability to research, interpret and take action based on an understanding of complex policies and procedures. Using independent judgment, discretion, and initiative to address problems and develop practical, thorough, and creative solutions
- Ability to handle effectively a broader range of interpersonal contacts, including those at a higher level and those sensitive in nature
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive communications with internal affiliates and external agencies
- Strong written and oral communication skills with an emphasis on critical review, composure, and editing of documents for clarity, readability, grammar, usage and syntax
- Ability to perform standard business math, track financial data, and make simple projections
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills. Ability to instruct, inform, guide, and assist visitors, callers, and constituents in a patient and efficient manner
- Ability to formulate daily, weekly, monthly reports for both internal and external use
- Ability to perform accurately in a detail-oriented manner environment
- Ability to work in a busy environment and multi-task with frequent interruptions
- Ability to be organized and follow directions
- Ability to troubleshoot most office administration problems and respond to all inquiries and requests related to the work area
- Ability to analyze operational and procedural problems and develop, recommend, and evaluate proposed solutions
- Completion of a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents
- Three years of related office work experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three (3) years of administrative work
- Experience working in an environment with sensitive information
Classification: Administrative Support Coordinator II
Anticipated Hiring Range: $4,100/month - $4,454/month
CSU Salary Range: $3,681/month - $6,034/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary .
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus (including all booster doses of an approved vaccine for which an individual is eligible per current CDC recommendations) or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. As a condition of employment, any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as well as with other safety measures established on the campus. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. Incumbent is also required to promptly report any knowledge of a possible Title IX related incident to the Title IX Office or report any discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation to the Office of Equal Opportunity.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Housing Fire Safety Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Annual Security Report (ASR) is also now available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Security-Report.pdf. The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and Sexual Assault prevention information, and information about drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery crimes for San José State University locations for the three most recent calendar years. A paper copy of the ASR is available upon request by contacting the Office of the Clery Director by phone at 408-924-1501 or by email at email@example.com .
Pursuant to the Higher Education Opportunity Act, the Annual Fire Safety Report (AFSR) is also available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Fire-Safety-Report.pdf . The purpose of this report is to disclose statistics for fires that occurred within SJSU on-campus housing facilities for the three most recent calendar years, and to distribute fire safety policies and procedures intended to promote safety on Campus. A paper copy of the AFSR is available upon request by contacting the Housing Office by phone at 408-795-5600 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: February 27, 2023 (9:00 AM) Pacific Standard Time
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert