Adjunct Faculty, Engineering
- College of Lake County
- Illinois, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 27, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Curriculum & Instruction, Other Education, Humanities, English as a Second Language, Foreign Languages & Literatures, Science, Technology & Mathematics, Engineering
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Posting Detail Information
Adjunct Faculty, Engineering
Internal Position Title
Adjunct Faculty, Engineering
Engineering/Math/Phy Sci Div
College of Lake County is looking to add an Adjunct Faculty, Engineering to the department. This is a teacher position for the Engineering Transfer program. The courses in this program that a successful candidate might teach include the following lower division engineering courses traditionally taught in a B.S. Engineering program: Intro to Engineering, Engineering Design Graphics, Statics, Dynamics, Mechanics of Materials, and Circuit Analysis. Applicants may specialize in one course and do not have to be able to teach all courses listed.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering
- Coursework in specific courses applicant is applying to teach.
- Ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Industry experience.
- Higher education teaching experience.
- For Engineering Design Graphics: Experience teaching Engineering Graphics (including use of a solid modeling program like Fusion 360 or Inventor) at the college level.
- For Mechanics Courses: Experience teaching Statics, Dynamics, or Mechanics of Materials at the college level.
- For Electrical Engineering Course: Experience teaching Circuit Analysis for Electrical/Computer Engineering at the college level.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
Expected Start Date
Special Instructions Summary
Prepare teaching demo as instructed by search committee chair
Per Adjunct Contract
Total Hours per week
Varies depending on class
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities.
Software Testing Required
Interview Process Requirements
Summary of Essential Functions
- The successful candidate will teach Engineering courses in a community college environment.
- The instructor is responsible for creating and distributing a course syllabus, teaching all scheduled classes, responding to and evaluating students.
- Teach courses in subject field. Develop instructional materials. Assess student learning and assign grades. Attend required Adjunct meetings in the Fall and Spring semesters. Participate in college governance and other aspects of academic life. Maintain current knowledge of subject matter.
- Adjunct Faculty members are expected to maintain current in compliance training, including compliance under Title IX “Responsible Employee” and, if applicable, Clery Act Campus Security Authority.
- Select, prepare and maintain current curriculum, course outlines and printed and non-printed instructional materials.
- Teach courses as scheduled each academic semester.
- Provide instructional support to the students. Refer students, when appropriate, to sources of specialized services within the College.
- Provide the Division and the students a syllabus that includes course objectives and learning outcomes, attendance policies in line with those of the college, texts and readings, timelines and evaluation criteria, and any other information required by College, Division, or departmental policy.
- Observe and evaluate student performance in meeting course objectives and learning outcomes through assignments, projects, discussions or examinations. Provide feedback in a timely manner on student progress.
- Deliver course content using a variety of teaching styles.
- Maintain office/discipline/grade/division records as required by the College.
- Be available for student consultation through phone or email.
- Use the appropriate College policies and procedures to resolve and document student complaints, concerns and problems.
- Assist in developing and administering discipline-appropriate measures of student academic achievement, use departmental testing instruments as provided. Administer other instruments designed to measure student learning outcomes as requested and required by the department. Provide all results as requested.
- Conduct all classes in accordance with an established and current course syllabus and approved textbooks (and/or related instructional material). Meet all classes for the scheduled time.
- Submit all grades (mid/final) electronically prior to the required deadlines. Provide the Registrar appropriate grade records.
- Encourage students to submit course evaluations, review course evaluations when available and use feedback to improve course delivery.
- Revise and update course content as needed.
- Participate, when appropriate, in the formation and meetings of program advisory boards, college, division, and department committees.
- Maintain a high level of professional ethics.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Dean or Associate Dean.
- POSITIONS SUPERVISED : None
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master’s degree or higher in Engineering?
- * Do you have industry experience?
- * Do you have experience teaching Engineering Graphics
(including use of a solid modeling program like Fusion 360 or
Inventor) at the college level?
- * Do you have experience teaching Statics, Dynamics, or
Mechanics of Materials at the college level?
- * Do you have experience teaching Circuit Analysis for
Electrical/Computer Engineering at the college level?
- * Are you bilingual and proficient in Spanish and English?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Availability Schedule
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert