Senior Director - Strategic Partnerships- Khoury College
- Northeastern University
- Massachusetts, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 27, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Financial Affairs
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Senior Director - Strategic Partnerships- Khoury College
About the Opportunity
The Senior Director of Strategic Partnerships leads a growing, global team to develop new industry partners and to build long-term, multi-faceted corporate relationships that involve research, philanthropy, and access to talent. To this end, the Director is responsible for the cultivation and stewardship of a portfolio of corporate relationships that provide mutual benefit to Khoury and to the corporation.
Reporting to the Dean of Khoury College, the Senior Director will lead creation of an expanded industry relationship model - with a focus on funding academic research through new and existing corporate partnerships. Driving research is a key strategic priority for the college and the Senior Director of Strategic Partnerships will share ownership in building a multi-million-dollar, multi-year pipeline for corporate research funding.
The Senior Director will partner with the Dean, the Director of Development and the Director of Research Development, in developing the college's new research funding strategy and innovation ecosystem that will boost Khoury's reputation for research ingenuity and lead to greater social and economic progress. The Senior Director will actively collaborate and work across the Northeastern community including the global network locations (Boston, Charlotte, London, Seattle, San Francisco, San Jose, Oakland, Arlington, Toronto, and Vancouver), co-operative education, advancement, and corporate learning (“B2B”).
The Senior Director's primary responsibilities are:
1. Develop a strategy in partnership with Dean, the Director of Development and the Director of Research Development to forge long-term, collaborative corporate relationships that expand Khoury's capabilities including long-term research relationships on specific projects of interest as well as support talent and job development.
2. Lead a team of business development professionals who manage a significant portfolio of existing corporate relationships as well as new business leads.
3. Partner closely with Director of Research Development to understand and position Khoury faculty research to potential corporate partners and to inform faculty of national and local industry research trends, needs, and interests.
4. Work with colleagues to develop programmatic and professional development activities that support the direct engagement of leadership, faculty, and students with industry and cultivate their further engagement in technology-transfer, entrepreneurship, and workforce development
5. Work with business development colleagues to set the job development strategy for the college and translate that strategy into annual goals and tactics across team.
6. Support team members close work with career services, cooperative education, and experiential network (“XN”) colleagues to design and implement industry-focused events and engagement opportunities.
7. Manage relationships across the University to create consistent processes and practices as well as mutually beneficial opportunities with new and existing Partners.
8. Provide support for team in executing on a portfolio of leads, deepening their knowledge of Northeastern and exploring opportunities for engaging in corporate research partnerships and expanded talent pipelines
9. Manage a personal case load of active partners that engage with the university across opportunity areas, nurturing and expanding those relationships over time.
- 10 years+ work experience in private sector and/or higher ed;
High Tech background desirable
- Proven track record in sales, and/or corporate relationship
- Strong understanding of the tech industry and workforce
- Ability to speak to current trends and research efforts in
- Mission driven, fueled by desire to make computer science
education accessible and inclusive
- Familiarity working with executives within varying sizes of
- Experience and comfort working in a highly matrixed
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong people management capability and experience
- Superb interpersonal skills required to develop close
relationships with external partners and key collaborators across
- Thrives in a multi-tasking environment and can adjust
- Self-motivated and risk-taking with a high drive to
- Ability to serve as an ambassador for the College
Documents to Submit:
Resume and cover letter
Northeastern University considers factors such as candidate work experience, education and skills when extending an offer.
Northeastern has a comprehensive benefits package for benefit eligible employees. This includes medical, vision, dental, paid time off, tuition assistance, wellness & life, retirement- as well as commuting & transportation. Visit www.northeastern.edu/benefits for more information.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://northeastern.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Boston-MA-Main-Campus/Senior-Director---Strategic-Partnerships--Khoury-College_R112308
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert