Testing Center Coordinator
- Bucknell University
- Pennsylvania, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 27, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Student Affairs, Minority & Multicultural Affairs
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Testing Center Coordinator
Job No: 497304
Position Type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Other, Academic Affairs
The full-time Testing Center Coordinator will coordinate accommodated testing, assist campus faculty with testing accommodation needs/questions, assist the Director in other office operations as needed, and serve the University through compliance initiatives. The Testing Center Coordinator position is a full-time, 9month, benefits eligible position that reports to the Director of the Office of Accessibility Resources.
- Manage the scheduling and coordination of all accommodated
testing appointments and processes in the Accommodate data
- Work with faculty and students to coordinate, schedule, and
deliver paper-based and computer based exams. Receive from and
return to faculty all testing documents in a secure, confidential,
and timely fashion.
- Serve as lead proctor on exams.
- Recruit, hire and train staff employees as proctors.
- Ensure accurate and appropriate accommodations and testing
practices are employed according to accommodation plans including,
but not limited to, testing room conditions, configuration of
timing devices, and the staging of required assistive technology
devices/programs (i.e., text-to-speech and speech-to-text
- Using the data management system, compile data and run reports
as requested by OAR Director and campus partners.
- Ensure test security and proper proctoring procedures are
- Perform general administrative/office and other duties as
- Two years of related work experience
- High school diploma
- Significant prior experience working with and contributing to a
- Previous work experience in a post-secondary
- Knowledgeable in the areas of post-secondary academic
accommodations and/or auxiliary services
- Proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet software,
internet, e-mail, and calendar software.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and the ability to
communicate effectively and efficiently with co-workers and
constituents and other members of the Bucknell community while
managing ongoing and overlapping projects.
- Written, verbal, and electronic communication skills able to
communicate complex information with sensitivity to issues of
- Ability to manage and respect confidential and sensitive
- The ability to work some evening hours as needed.
- Experience with test proctoring
- Associate's degree in social sciences, education, or related
- Familiarity with FERPA, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act,
and ADA (as amended) laws.
- Experience or comparable knowledge working with students with
disabilities in a higher education setting.
- Working experience in various assistive software technologies
including screen reading, screen magnification, voice recognition,
translation software and hardware.
- Knowledge of various assistive hardware such as specialty
keyboards, mice, FM systems, screens, etc.
This is a full-time non-exempt, benefits eligible position
This role is not budgeted for visa sponsorship at this time, all candidates must be authorized to work in the US at the time of submission of the application.
This is a Staff Non-exempt position with a hiring range of $15.09-18.86. The offer rate will be based on a review of the candidate's credentials compared to the qualifications of the position, internal equity, and our overall compensation philosophy.
Eligible full- and part-time employees are compensated beyond base salary through our total rewards package that includes (but is not limited to):
- flexible scheduling options determined by role;
- medical, prescription drug, vision, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance options
- an outstanding 10% employer contribution to your retirement plan (no contribution requirement for non-exempt positions)
- generous paid time off, including vacation and sick time, a community service day, and 19 paid holidays (including two full weeks off for Winter Break!)
- full-time and part-time members of the faculty and staff are eligible for tuition remission for themselves. Additionally, full-time members of the faculty and staff are eligible for tuition remission for their spouse/spousal equivalent and are eligible for various tuition programs for their children. Credit for full-time benefits eligible employment at other institutions of higher education will be applied to waiting periods.
- a comprehensive employee wellness program including program incentives
- a myriad of other benefits, including parental leave, an employee assistance program, fitness center membership, and the power of your Bucknell ID card
To learn more about Bucknell's benefits, click here! (*Eligibility criteria and waiting periods may apply.)
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and seeks candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. We endeavor to enhance our capacity to value and capitalize on the cultural richness that diversity brings. We encourage all individuals to apply and do not discriminate in admissions, employment, educational programs and/or activities on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, pregnancy, sex/gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, marital or family status, military or veteran status, or genetic information.
To apply, visit https://careers.bucknell.edu/en-us/job/497304/testing-center-coordinator
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert