WEB CONTENT SPECIALIST
- University of Texas - Rio Grande Valley
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 27, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Human Resources Administration
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
WEB CONTENT SPECIALIST
Posting Number: SRGV6532
Number of Vacancies: 2
Location: Rio Grande Valley
Department: University Marketing and Communications
Scope of Job:
To create, edit, and manage content on the University's website(s), with a focus on compelling, accurate, and search engine optimized (SEO) content. Responsible for tracking, analyzing, and reporting on website analytics, and recommend and implement updates to improve web performance.
Description of Duties:
• Works with internal clients and subject matter experts to create and update compelling content for the University’s websites and ensure adherence with branding guidelines.
• Establishes and maintains a content review schedule, conducts trainings for web content editors as necessary, and helps manage activities in order to increase organic search rankings.
• Understands internal clients’ goals and marketing plans and work with them to research, develop, and write appropriate and engaging content for their websites.
• Develops and implements an ongoing review plan for web content accuracy and standards.
• Conducts a variety of research for web projects and provides analysis and recommendations as necessary.
• Participates in ongoing implementation of SEO recommendations and works to ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented.
• Performs ongoing keyword discovery, expansion and optimization, and uses results to optimize copy and landing pages in order to drive visitors to University websites/landing pages.
• Updates the website with approved content as necessary via the content management system (CMS).
• Implements ongoing web accessibility updates to ensure website compliance with accessibility standards.
• Develops strong working relationships with team members, internal clients, and departments throughout the University.
• Coordinates multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, driving follow-up and awareness of deadlines both within marketing team and with the client.
• Builds and maintains assigned client relationships, keeps informed on project status and additional requirements, and provides information on new or enhanced services.
• Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
Two (2) years of experience performing related duties.
Experience with basic HTML and keyword research tools, web content management systems, knowledge in web analytics and web accessibility tools and standards and experience in using graphic design tools for basic photo editing.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office environment; some travel and weekend work is required. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
*Work is performed primarily in a general office environment to include hybrid work (subject to change based on business needs). If the work is performed off-campus, high-speed internet and a designated workspace are required.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, exceptional attention to detail, and an aptitude for making quick, quality decisions.
• Strong sense of customer service, and consistently interacts with clients with a high standard of professionalism.
• Strong organizational skills and able to independently manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 02/24/2023
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non-discrimination in its education programs and activities, including employment. We encourage women, minorities and differently abled persons to apply for employment positions of interest.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Dear Applicant, Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following: *Date of Birth *Social Security Number *Gender *Ethnicity/Race Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/37790 jeid-1bbde1983c72db4d859e6468ebfda3c1
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert