Communication Studies (Speech) Adjunct
- Germanna Community College
- Virginia, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 27, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Communications, Media Studies
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Communication Studies (Speech) Adjunct
Work Location: Fredericksburg - 630
Hiring Range: Salary is commensurate with education and experience
Full Time or Part Time: Part Time
Germanna Community College is a public, open access institution of higher education in the Virginia Community College System. The College is a dynamic learning organization that serves as a Germanna regional leader and preferred partner where quality learning experiences enable students to participate effectively in the social, economic, political, intellectual, and cultural life of their communities. Germanna Community College is centrally located in Fredericksburg, VA between Washington D.C. and Richmond and between the Blue Ridge mountains and the Chesapeake Bay. Full of history, the area offers a community rich with diversity, the arts, technology, vineyards, hiking, canoeing/kayaking and many other activities.
Adjunct faculty members are responsible for effectively planning and teaching courses in a classroom environment to students with a variety of academic backgrounds and experiences. We are currently seeking adjunct faculty members, for face-to-face teaching assignments, in the field of speech and general communications.
Employees must be able to work strategically with diverse colleagues, students, and community members with a commitment to diversity as a learning outcome to be culturally respectful, professionally competent, and civically responsible.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values of Germanna Community College. We recognize our responsibility to create, maintain, and nurture an academic and social environment that respects the diversity of people and ideas. We are committed to being an inclusive community that respects all cultures, experiences, and abilities and that prepares individuals to thrive in a global society. An EEO/AA Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Germanna is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.Germanna is a federal contractor requesting priority referrals of protected veterans for our job opportunities.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Johnathan Scheiterle by phone at 540-423-9056 or by email email@example.com.
If you would like to see a copy of our Affirmative Action Plan please contact Barbara Hall by phone at 540-834-1067 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Master’s Degree with at least eighteen graduate semester hours in the specific discipline
- Official transcripts will be required prior to final offer
- Ability to demonstrate the use of relevant technology and learning management systems to effectively facilitate teaching, learning, assessment, and communication
- Commitment to student engagement in the online teaching environment including maintaining consistent communication and virtual support mechanisms to ensure student success
- Technology capability (access to WIFI, computers) to teach remotely
- Experience using technology to teach.
- All teaching positions of Germanna Community College require the ability to teach in a variety of modalities including virtually
- Teaching faculty must demonstrate competency and commitment to continuous professional development in virtual education
- Complete Growing with Canvas and TOPS 2.2 prior to teaching
- Two years teaching experience
- Work experience in the field
- Experience with on-line teaching.
- Substantial, proven experience with innovative teaching and developing online courses in both the synchronous and asynchronous learning environments at a regionally accredited institution
Posting Number: ADJ919P
Job Close Date: 3/31/2023
Open Until Filled:
To apply, visit https://jobs.vccs.edu/postings/54800
The Virginia Community College System, an EEO employer, welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and recognizes the benefits of a diverse workforce. Therefore, the VCCS is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We prohibit discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disabilities, political affiliation, veteran status, gender identity, or other non-merit factors.
The Virginia Community College System is accepting applications for the following position: Go to jobs.vccs.edu for more information and to apply. Applications only accepted online. Full background check required. The VCCS is an EOE and Affirmative Action Employer and auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert