CAD: Computer Aided Drafting
- Germanna Community College
- Virginia, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 27, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Student Affairs, Minority & Multicultural Affairs
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
CAD: Computer Aided Drafting & Design
Work Location: Spotsylvania - 177
Hiring Range: Salary is commensurate with experience and credentials
Full Time or Part Time: Part Time
Germanna Community College is one of the twenty-three community colleges in Virginia that comprise the Virginia Community College System. It is a two-year public institution of higher education established in 1970. The College takes pride in serving the residents of Caroline, Culpeper, King George, Madison, Orange, Spotsylvania, and Stafford counties and the City of Fredericksburg.
Germanna Community College invites applications for a part-time adjunct faculty member in Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CAD).
Adjunct faculty members are responsible for effectively planning and teaching courses in CAD. Instruction will occur online and in a classroom environment. The successful candidate will be able to successfully instruct and assist students with a variety of academic backgrounds and experiences.
Employees must be able to work strategically with diverse colleagues, students, and community members with a commitment to diversity as a learning outcome to be culturally respectful, professionally competent, and civically responsible.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values of Germanna Community College. We recognize our responsibility to create, maintain, and nurture an academic and social environment that respects the diversity of people and ideas. We are committed to being an inclusive community that respects all cultures, experiences, and abilities and that prepares individuals to thrive in a global society. An EEO/AA Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Germanna is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.Germanna is a federal contractor requesting priority referrals of protected veterans for our job opportunities.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Johnathan Scheiterle by phone at 540-423-9056 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to see a copy of our Affirmative Action Plan please contact Barbara Hall by phone at 540-834-1067 or by email email@example.com.
May be required to perform other duties as assigned. May be required to assist the agency or state government generally in the event of an emergency declaration by the Governor.
- Applicants should possess a Master’s Degree with at least eighteen graduate semester hours in engineering, CAD or related discipline
- Official transcripts will be required prior to final offer
- Ability to demonstrate the use of relevant technology and learning management systems to effectively facilitate teaching, learning, assessment, and communication
- Commitment to student engagement in the online teaching environment including maintaining consistent communication and virtual support mechanisms to ensure student success
- Technology capability (access to WIFI, computers) to teach remotely
- Experience using technology to teach
- Ability to teach in a variety of modalities including virtually
- Teaching faculty must demonstrate competency and commitment to continuous professional development in virtual education
- Complete Growing with Canvas and TOPS 2.2 prior to teaching
- The successful candidate must embrace our culture of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Two years teaching experience
- Work experience in the field
- Experience with on-line teaching.
- Substantial, proven experience with innovative teaching and developing online courses in both the synchronous and asynchronous learning environments at a regionally accredited institution
Posting Number: ADJ911P
Job Close Date: 3/31/2023
Open Until Filled:
To apply, visit https://jobs.vccs.edu/postings/54838
The Virginia Community College System, an EEO employer, welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and recognizes the benefits of a diverse workforce. Therefore, the VCCS is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We prohibit discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disabilities, political affiliation, veteran status, gender identity, or other non-merit factors.
The VCCS is an EOE and Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Acts (ADA and ADAAA), VCCS will provide, if requested, reasonable accommodation to applicants in need of access to the application, interviewing and selection processes.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert