Director, College Marketing
- Austin Community College
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 27, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Business & Management, Marketing & Sales, Communications, Public Relations & Advertising, Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Community Relations & Institutional Outreach, Public Relations & Marketing (Campus), Executive, Executive Directors
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Job Posting Closing Times: Job postings are removed from advertising at 12:00 A.M. on the closing date e.g., at midnight on the day before the closing date.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college, as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
- Reflects the diversity of our community
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college's mission to promote equitable
access to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to
facilitate success for under-represented populations
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and underrepresented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body as an open-access and low-cost institution. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to our students' diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Director, College Marketing
Job Description Summary:
Develop, implement, and measure Austin Community College (ACC) marketing strategies across all channels to achieve brand awareness and enrollment goals.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop, implement, and measure Austin Community College (ACC)
marketing strategies across all channels to achieve brand awareness
and enrollment goals.
- Lead the creative vision for the college brand and enrollment
and awareness campaigns.
- Design and execute marketing campaigns and promotional
activities in collaboration with key stakeholders, including the
Provost, Chancellor’s Cabinet, Instructional Programs, Student
Affairs, Public Affairs, College & High School Relations, and
the Office of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.
- Serve as the primary liaison between the Office of College
Relations & Marketing (OCRM) and Enrollment
Management/Recruitment, as well as other college clients, to
create, execute and measure community outreach campaigns from a
multicultural perspective, to include transcreated messaging for
diverse populations, to improve public awareness of ACC, to inform
prospective students and their influencers, and recruit, retain,
and engage students.
- Direct the marketing budget planning and expenditures, ensuring
good stewardships and strong ROI.
- Manage marketing-related contracts and serve as the OCRM lead
with vendor proposals and solicitations.
- Develop and oversee consumer, market, and competition research
- Work within a collaborative environment to test campaigns,
provide regular proof of performance reports, solicit feedback from
stakeholders, and identify areas of improvement and course
correction as needed.
- Develop marketing goals, performance measures, and targets that
align with ACC’s Strategic Plan goals in close partnership with the
Vice Chancellor of College Relations & Marketing and Associate
Vice Chancellor of College Relations & Communications.
- Supervise and project manage a talented team of marketing
professionals, including advertising strategists, buyers,
designers, copywriters, analyst, and student interns.
- Provide executive-level campaign plans and reports for
audiences ranging from administrators and faculty to business and
- Lead cross-functional teams and collegewide marketing efforts
to ensure strategies are on brand and achieve strong ROI.
- Oversee the development, review, and delivery of college
publications, such as recruitment materials, informational
handouts, and annual reports.
- Oversee brand standards, logo usage, and print publications to
ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, as well
as college policies, practices, and procedures.
- Serve on the OCRM leadership team and work in partnership with
College Communications, Web, and ACCTV teams to align campaigns
across all channels, including website, social media, digital
signage, print publications, and digital and traditional
- Provide process and procedure improvements to achieve good
- Deliver results through strategic planning development and
- 8+ years leadership experience in strategic marketing.
- Proven track record of achieving advertising/conversion goals
among diverse audiences.
- Extensive knowledge of digital marketing tactics, metrics, SEO,
and conversion principles.
- Experience with multicultural marketing.
- Publication, design, and messaging experience.
- Collaborative and inclusive leadership style.
- Strategic thinker with an ability to be agile and lead in an
- Knowledge of data analysis tools.
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal and public
- Experience with budgeting and contract management.
- Higher education/enrollment marketing experience.
- Salesforce CRM marketing and communications.
- Bilingual (Spanish).
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in marketing, business, or related
- Master’s degree in marketing or a related field.
$103,966 - $129,957
Number of Openings:
Job Posting Close Date:
April 15, 2023 Clery Act
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC at its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.
If you are a current Austin Community College employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account .
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert