This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the
provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes
the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
Lecturer-Pool Faculty of Art (Art History) - up to 4 positions to
Commensurate with education and experience.
Part-Time Non-Tenure Track
College of Arts & Media
Dept of Art
Refer Applicants To
Assistant to the Chair
Sam Houston State University
Department of Art
Huntsville, TX 77341
Duties Performed in the Usual Course of the Job
The Department of Art at Sam Houston State University invites
applications for full or part time lecturers to serve as adjunct
faculty in Art History. We are seeking applicants with the ability
to teach one or more online and/or face to face courses in Art
History Surveys, Art Appreciation, or other Art History
Educational Requirements for the Position
PhD preferred. MA in Art History or other masters degree with at
least 18 hours of graduate level art history courses completed
required to teach Art History. MFA eligible to teach Art
Appreciation (Intro to Art and Exploring Contemporary Art).
Experience Required for the Position
Teaching experience at the undergraduate level.
Other Requirements for the Position
Special Instructions Summary
Submit a cover letter, cv, a list of names and contact information
for three references, a writing sample that demonstrates research
in Art History, and sample syllabi of courses taught in pdf
(Letters of recommendation and official transcripts will be
required of finalists)
Open Until Filled
Sam Houston State University is an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Smoke/Drug-Free
Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, creed, ancestry, marital status,
citizenship, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran
status, disability status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or gender
identity or expression. Sam Houston State University is an “at
will” employer. Employees with a contract will have additional
terms and conditions. Security sensitive positions at SHSU require
background checks in accordance with Education Code § 51.215.
Security and Fire Safety Report
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn about this position?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- HBCU Connect - Historically Black Colleges and
- HACU - Hispanic Association of Colleges & Universities
- The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education
- Association for Women in Science
- TWC - Work in Texas
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed Jobs
- HERC - Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- SHSU Website
- SHSU Employee
- SHSU Recruiter
- If your response to the question above was 'Other' please
indicate from what source.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you available to teach during the day?
- * Are you available to teach during the evening?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae (Faculty)
- Reference Contact Information
- Teaching Portfolio
- Writing Sample
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3