Office of Business Affairs - Senior Staff Assistant
- SUNY Cobleskill
- New York, United States
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Posted Date
- Feb 27, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Business & Management, Business Administration
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
As a premier institution in agriculture and technology, SUNY Cobleskill calls all learners to grow, to sustain, and to renew the world and its citizens. The College acts as a reflection of, and a catalyst for, advancement in our fields. With an emphasis on applied learning and experiential education, SUNY Cobleskill prepares students for successful careers, advanced studies, and engaged citizenship.
Founded in 1911, SUNY Cobleskill enrolls approximately 2000 students in 55 diverse majors. The campus sets the standard for applied education that extends theory into practice. SUNY Cobleskill is a community characterized by empathy, inclusivity, respect, personal growth, integrity, and a collaborative spirit fostering well-being and sustainable practices. We recognize and celebrate student, faculty and staff achievements. We take pride in our campus and encourage collaboration with our surrounding communities.
Our modern, 902-acre campus features outstanding educational facilities, including an equestrian center, 200-cow dairy facility, cold and warm water fish hatcheries, specialized classrooms and scientific laboratories, two state-of-the-art culinary arts teaching kitchens, child development and childcare centers, and an art gallery and graphic design center.
Drawing on a rich academic tradition that spans more than 100 years, our purpose remains constant; to educate future entrepreneurs, scientists, thought leaders, artists, educators, and practitioners to contribute to the sustainability of a healthy and prosperous societal existence in concert with a robust environment.
The Senior Staff Assistant will be responsible for the accounting and reporting for the SUNY College of Agriculture and Technology at Cobleskill Foundation, Inc., Alumni Association, and Alumni Commons. All organizations are exempt from income taxes under Section 501 (C) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code and while they are publicly supported, they are not considered private foundations.
In addition, the Senior Staff Assistant will support duties as needed within Business Affairs Office.
Specific duties include:
- Responsible for general ledger account maintenance.
- Process operating transactions: cash receipts; cash disbursements; accounts payable; accounts/pledges receivable; journal entries.
- Calculate and record investment earnings and associated fees to individual accounts.
- Responsible for bank, credit card and investment account reconciliations.
- Assist with monthly gift reporting reconciliations to ensure accuracy and compliance with required policies.
- Act as liaison to investment managers; ensure compliance with investment policies.
- Oversee annual independent financial statement audits as well as communicate with auditors to ensure accounting practices comply with all State University of New York, state and federal rules and regulations.
- Prepare monthly financial reports and Treasurers Reports for all Boards of Directors.
- Work with the Boards of Directors to modify or create reports as requested and assist with development of new policies as necessary.
- Provide budget preparation assistance and budget monitoring.
- Prepare annual 1099's and assist with preparation of annual 990 as well as other SUNY reporting requirements.
- Assist with preparation of Voluntary Support of Education (VSE) survey.
- Act as the Compliance Officer for the office of Business Affairs.
- Input interdepartmental journal transfers in to the NYS Financial Management System (FMS). This may include recharges of phone, work orders, capital crew payroll, facilities overtime and Alumni Commons monthly expenditures, as well as any JT requests that are sent in from campus departments.
- Represent the office of Business Affairs on committees, as necessary.
- Support Director Business Affairs and Controller
- Supervisory, as needed.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned.
- Associates degree and two years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Products, with extensive experience in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills (Both written and oral).
- Organization, initiative and attention to detail.
In addition to the aforementioned minimum qualifications, it is preferred the candidate also have:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration or related area preferred.
- At least two years' experience, preferably with endowment funds, in not-for-profit or foundation setting.
- Working knowledge of AccuFund software, or other not-for-profit accounting software a plus.
- Experience with higher education.
- Experience with SUNY systems
- This is an SL-3 positions, with a range of $50,148 - $55,000.
- This is a full-time, 12-month, term appointment.
- This position offers full New York State benefits which are some of the most comprehensive in the country.
- SUNY Cobleskill is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community for our students and employees. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of the background check.
- This position may be designated 55 b/c and is subject to verification of applicant eligibility.
SUNY Cobleskill is committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, and ensuring equal educational and employment opportunity and access to services, programs and activities without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction, or any other legally protected status. Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation during the hiring process should contact the Human Resources Office at (518) 255-5514.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUNY Cobleskill's Tile IX Coordinator is Amanda Clark, who can be contacted via phone at 518-255-5445, email at email@example.com, or mailing address of SUNY Cobleskill, Knapp Hall Room 123, Cobleskill, NY 12043.
The application review process will begin immediately and will continue until a suitable candidate is found. Priority is given to applications submitted by March 13, 2023.
A complete application consists of the following:
1. Letter of application, addressing qualifications, position
responsibilities, and college values
2. Current CV or Resume
3. Names, emails and phone numbers of at least three professional references, preferably former supervisors
* To apply you must create an account and apply through this posting.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert