EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
- San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
- California, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 24, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
Close/First Review Date: 03/12/2023
Campus Location: District Office
The Executive Administrative Assistant reports to the Associate Vice Chancellor of Information Technology Support Services at the District Office. The work schedule is 12 months per year; Monday - Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
This position is represented by CSEA (California School Employees Association), Chapter 363.
This position is responsible for managing and coordinating the administrative functions within the office of the assigned Executive. Incumbents perform a variety of complex administrative duties for the assigned executive or administrative management staff; assist in the administration of office functions, and provide information and assistance to all levels of administration, faculty, staff, students, vendors, and the public.
NATURE and SCOPE
This class is distinguished from other classes in the Administrative Assistant series in that this class provides advanced and confidential administrative and secretarial support to an Executive. Incumbents in this class may be responsible for overseeing day-to-day office functions, and are responsible for the most difficult and responsible types of duties assigned to classes in the series. Employees at this level are required to be fully trained in all procedures related to assigned area of responsibility and work independently with minimum supervision.
KEY DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Serve as a liaison with all levels of administration, faculty, staff, students, vendors and the public. Work with all constituent groups and ensure the implementation of the vision for the District.
2. Screen office and telephone calls; respond to sensitive complaints and requests for information from the general public, students, faculty and staff; resolve concerns and complaints; refer inquiries as appropriate.
3. Establish and maintain a variety of confidential files and records; research and gather information for special reports.
4. Maintain calendars of department activities, meetings and various events; make reservations for conferences and other events; coordinate travel arrangements for department staff as needed.
5. Perform paraprofessional support work as assigned; research questions pertaining to policies and procedures.
6. Perform a variety of administrative and clerical support functions; receive, review and initiate the processing of vendor contracts; submit appropriate paperwork and follow-up as necessary.
7. Perform confidential administrative assistant functions for assigned office activities; independently prepare correspondence; respond to letters and general correspondence of a routine nature; prepare reports and graphic materials as assigned.
8. Receive and process agreements; edit and maintain agreements; monitor expiration dates, inform appropriate executive staff.
9. Compile Board meeting material; ensure all information is assembled and properly filed; route to Chancellor's Office by assigned deadline.
10. Provide staff support on a variety of boards and committees; prepare agendas and other material; prepare minutes and distribute.
11. Maintain department budget and monitor expenditures, and prepare department related purchase requisitions, budget transfers, journal entries, process credit card statements, invoices, etc.
12. Open, sort and distribute mail; identify priority items.
13. Order and maintain adequate supplies as required.
14. Perform other related duties as assigned.
1. Principles of business letter writing.
2. Advanced principles and procedures of record keeping and reporting.
3. Modern office procedures, methods and computer equipment.
4. English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
5. Basic mathematical principles.
6. Time management and organization skills.
7. Training, planning and directing work.
Skills and Abilities to:
1. Perform routine secretarial work involving the use of district procedures and processes.
2. Take meeting notes effectively and independently.
3. Demonstrate superior public service skills.
4. Interpret and apply administrative and departmental policies and procedures.
5. Operate a variety of office machines including computer devices.
6. Use computer applications such as Microsoft Office, Ellucian, SharePoint effectively.
7. Maintain confidential and administrative records and files.
8. Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
9. Work independently in the absence of supervision.
10. Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Equivalent to completion of the twelfth grade supplemented by specialized secretarial training and/or college level course work.
2. Three years of increasingly responsible administrative secretarial experience.
1. Bilingual abilities, desirable.
District’s Diversity Requirements
- Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge and understanding of the
diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender identity, sexual
orientation, cultural, disability, and ethnic background of groups
historically underrepresented, and groups who may have experienced
- Success integrating diversity as appropriate into the major
duties outlined in the job description and in the duties listed in
the District’s hiring policy; or demonstrated equivalent
transferable skills to do so.
$83,645 - $101,9770 Annual Salary (Range 110: Classified Salary Schedule Fiscal Year 2022-2023). Starting placement is generally at Step 1.
Excellent fringe benefit package includes a pension, medical, dental, vision, EAP (employee assistance plan) and life insurance for employee and eligible dependents, and income protection. Voluntary plans include supplemental life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403b and 457 Deferred Compensation Accounts. Confidential positions also include 22 vacation days, 12 sick leave days, 6 administrative leave days and 19 paid holidays per year.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://sjeccd.peopleadmin.com/
About San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
The District is represented by dedicated and talented employees who are passionate about providing our student population with the best educational experience possible. The District recognizes that cultural diversity in the academic environment promotes academic excellence; fosters cultural, racial and human understanding; provides positive roles models for all students, and creates an inclusive and supportive educational and work environment for its employees, students, and the community it serves.
As of fall 2017, with enrollment of approximately 18,500 per semester, and an extremely diverse student population (Hispanic/Latino 44%, Black/African-American 4%, Asian/Pacific Islander 32%, American Indian/Native American 0.5%, White/Caucasian 11%) attaining educational goals reflecting 45% - AA Degree and Transfer to a 4-Year College/ University, the District’s emphasis on student success makes it a recognized educational leader in the State.
The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants to serve as colleagues to an existing diverse group of managers, supervisors and confidential staff consisting of 29 % Hispanic/Latino, 13% Asian/Pacific Islander, 7% Black/African American, 23% White/Caucasian, and as well as encouraging applications from all qualified, outstanding applicants.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert