Director of Career Services
- Vanguard University
- California, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 24, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Student Affairs, Career Services
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Director of Career Services
Reporting to the Vice President for University Advancement, the Director of Career Services oversees all aspects of the Office of Career Services which provides strategic direction for the career development and success of all students and alumni including financial literacy. This position oversees a team of 7 staff and student workers and is responsible for creating and maintaining strategic relationships across campus with faculty, staff, administrators, and students, as well as external relationships with employers for the purpose of preparing students to succeed in the workplace.
Career Services Supervision:
- Manage team comprised of four staff members and 3 student workers (hiring, training, supervision, and team development) emphasizing a culture of collaboration, integrity, quality, continuous improvement, and customer service.
- Establish Strategic Operating Plans and AIPs, measuring performance that drives strategic decision-making and prioritization.
- Stay informed of current career issues, effective practices, and job market trends to develop initiatives that have the potential to positively impact alumni career outcomes.
Internal and External Collaboration:
- Educate faculty and campus staff on career development best practices resulting in an integration of career development in the classroom and co-curricular activities.
- Regularly present various career development and financial literacy topics and/or overall career services updates to students, staff, faculty, Board members, and committees.
- Establish a positive rapport and maintain mutually beneficial relationships between the university and employers.
- Create and implement a Financial Literacy strategy for traditional undergraduate students.
Assessment and Data Analysis:
- Oversee the collection, analysis, and distribution of career surveys and other assessments. Communicates career survey results to appropriate university stakeholders and continually evaluates career outcomes to guide strategic planning and interventions. Systematically evaluates current processes, center performance, and resources to identify improvement needs related to trends in career development.
- Provides career advising to a limited number of students as needed. Maintains knowledge of best practices and career advising topics, overseeing the development of effective and updated resources.
- Create presentations and present career development topics to students in person and virtually.
- Oversee the selection, implementation, and management of technology systems used for within the office of Career Services (e.g., Handshake, Financial Literacy 101, Focus 2, and LiveAlumni).
Marketing and Communications:
- Develop ongoing marketing plans for web, print, email, social media, and other communication channels in collaboration with team members.
Budget and Grant Oversight:
- Under the responsibility of the Director are two budgets, one from the University and one from the Title V Grant. Oversee budgets and stay within designated parameters.
- Ensure that objectives from the Title V grant are being accomplished, specifically in regard to STEM Career Development and Financial Literacy.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Serve as member of the Student of Concerns Committee and Disability Services Committee.
- Engage actively with Student Life leadership to assess student trends, campus climate issues, and the needs of different student communities to develop innovative and responsive programs and services.
- Provide in-services and resources to faculty and staff on disability issues and reasonable accommodations for students with disabilities.
- Work in collaboration with the Health Center and the Counseling Center to provide wellness outreach to the campus community.
- Communicate with various campus constituencies such as staff, faculty, and students to provide reasonable accommodations.
- Collaborate with Student Success and Retention to ensure proper student exit and withdraw interviews.
- Collaborate with the Director of Diversity Programs to implement other programs and services which meet the needs of traditionally underrepresented student population.
- Master's degree
- 5-7 years of experience in higher education, preferably in Career Development, or a complimentary employer setting
- Demonstrated experience in the successful completion of multiple significant projects and responsibilities
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Experience collecting and analyzing comprehensive assessments and making data-based decisions
- Display a team-oriented approach, exceptional social interaction skills, and a positive attitude
- Professional in all aspects of the position including professional appearance, demeanor, and attitude
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, perform well under pressure, meet deadlines, and work a flexible schedule
- Maintain a lifestyle in consonance with the Christian principles of Vanguard University
$70,000 to $85,000 (Annual)
Placement within the salary range is commensurate upon education and experience. Posted salary range reflects anticipated hiring scale for the position. Vanguard University also offers a very competitive and generous benefits package.
To apply, please visit: https://www.vanguard.edu/resources/human-resources/vu-careers/~board/hr-open-positions/post/cs1222
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert