Faculty Position - Finance
- Vanguard University
- California, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 24, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Business & Management, Accounting & Finance
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Faculty Position - Finance
Department of Business and Management
The Department of Business and Management at Vanguard University of Southern California invites applications for a professional or tenure track position in finance within a program that emphasizes professor-student interaction, experiential learning, and interdisciplinary collaboration. Areas of specialization are open however, preference will be given to those with experience in Risk Management, Corporate Finance, Real Estate Finance and Markets and Institutions. The successful candidate will be a team player who is a critical thinker who combines insight, creativity, analytics, and technology with a practical approach to finance education. Vanguard seeks professionals of Christian faith who are committed to integration of faith and learning in their respective fields.
The Department of Business and Management at Vanguard University is part of the Division of Business and Communication and offers three distinct majors: Business Administration, Marketing, and Accounting. The department also offers concentrations in data analytics, management, organizational psychology, and international business, with the hope of adding a finance concentration, minor or major. The division houses COMPASS, a program supporting professional skills and leadership training, a chapter of Sigma Beta Delta, and a newly launched Accounting Society. The department fosters a collaborative, supportive environment for faculty with room for innovative thinking and opportunities for personal growth and leadership.
Vanguard University is a private, Christian, comprehensive university of liberal arts and professional studies equipping students for a Spirit-empowered life of Christ-centered leadership and service. A strong commitment to cultural diversity, racial reconciliation, and gender equality is a consequence of Vanguard being deeply grounded in the faith tradition that brought the University into existence. Moreover, these core values continue to define the institutional vision that pulls the Vanguard community forward toward its mission and educational targets and goals. Within this Christian context of inclusiveness, the University aims to provide a quality educational experience by cultivating the Spirit-empowered life in Christian experience and service; promoting academic excellence that integrates faith and life; and providing professor-mentors in a dynamic community environment.
The University is in beautiful Orange County, CA and enjoys easy proximity to Southern California beaches, Disneyland and numerous Fortune 500 and 1000 companies.
- Teach undergraduate-level courses in finance as outlined in the business curriculum, emphasizing theoretical as well as experiential learning. These courses may include corporate finance, investments, advanced corporate finance, money and banking, international finance, money & financial markets, real estate finance and related courses.
- Challenge thinking, foster debate and develop the ability of students to engage in critical discourse and thinking in regard to finance, industry standards and ethical responsibility.
- Provide opportunities for students to practice essential job skills.
- Be committed to service and engagement in the Department, the University, the profession, and the community.
- Collaborate with department faculty in curriculum implementation, student support, and continuous program improvement.
- Mentor business students with academic plans and career readiness.
- Imagine, promote, and lead new initiatives.
- Candidates with a PhD/DBA in Finance are preferred. Qualified individuals with an MBA in economics/finance plus a combination of extensive teaching and finance industry experience will be considered.
- Candidates must have evidence of a strong commitment to teaching in a liberal arts environment. Interacting with students, working collaboratively with faculty from other disciplines, faculty and leadership with different backgrounds and points of view and a deep appreciation of and respect for academic values, and culture must be a top priority of the candidate.
- Demonstrated teaching ability at the undergraduate level. Experience with hyflex and/or online delivery methods preferred.
- A vibrant Christian faith, and commitment to an integration of faith and learning.
Assistant Professor: $58,242 to $78,336
Associate Professor: $67,932 to $91,494
Professor: $78,846 to $109,548
Placement at appropriate rank (e.g., Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor) and initial salary is dependent upon education, experience, and based on Vanguard's faculty compensation schedule. The upper range is reserved for candidates that demonstrate the highest level of proficiency within a particular rank. Vanguard University also offers a very competitive and generous benefits package.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Please complete and submit the Faculty application along with the below documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send your documents directly to the Department Chair.
*Email must include all the above requested attachments and a completed Faculty application in order to be considered.
To apply, please visit: https://www.vanguard.edu/resources/human-resources/vu-careers/~board/hr-open-positions/post/ffn922
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert