Posting Details (Default Section)
Assistant Dean for Curricular Initiatives and Assessment
Metropolitan Campus, Teaneck, NJ
Becton College Dean's Office-Metro
Hiring Manager Title:
Dean, Becton College
Commensurate with Experience
The Assistant Dean for Curricular Initiatives and Assessment
reports to the Dean of Becton College of Arts and Sciences and
coordinates the development of new courses and learning tasks in
the undergraduate curriculum and Hispanic Center programs. This
position is responsible to facilitate faculty professional
development for enhanced teaching for essential learning outcomes.
In addition, the Assistant Dean fosters the development and
implementation of meaningful practices for the assessment of
undergraduate learning outcomes. The Assistant Dean also monitors
data to identify at-risk students and works with BCAS faculty,
University staff, and administrators to propose and implement
appropriate interventions.to ensure the overall intellectual,
social and personal growth of students. The Assistant Dean for
Curricular Initiatives and Assessment is a 12-month academic staff
1. Master’s Degree in Higher Education or any Liberal Arts
2. Three years’ experience required teaching at the University
level in North America.
3. Experience in student academic support services required;
Experience with research on learning outcomes in higher education
and/or curricular design in higher education preferred.
4. Proficiency in Microsoft Office required and readiness to learn
FDU software platforms (based on proficiency in using other
software not required for this position)
5. Excellent oral and written communication, and interpersonal
skills with the ability to work effectively with faculty
6. Excellent research skills required; statistical analysis skills
7. Ability to develop and maintain effective and constructive
collaborative relationships with faculty and administration
throughout the University required.
8. Ability to handle multiple priorities; excellent organizational
9. Ability to work independently and as an effective team member
10.Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing
the background check and produce a Social Security Card
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Application Types Accepted:
Application for Employment
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter