- University of Georgia
- Athens, Georgia
- $48,000 - $68,000 Commensurate with Experience, Plus Benefits
- Posted Date
- Feb 23, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Business & Management, Accounting & Finance, Administrative
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Franklin College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Georgia is seeking a Payroll Manager for our Divisional Payroll and Accounting Team (D-PACT). D-PACT, within the Franklin College Business Office (FCBO), provides effective ﬁscal management and stewardship of the Franklin College of Arts and Sciences ﬁnancial resources. In partnership with college and departmental leadership, D-PACT manages payroll, non-sponsored funds, works to evaluate, develop and improve business processes and makes ﬁnancial decisions that are strategic, compliant, and timely.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to interact with a variety of personalities at all levels, exercising tact, confidentiality, sound judgment, diplomacy, and flexibility to promote positive working relationships and job effectiveness.
- Substantially developed interpersonal and teamwork skills to successfully work with diverse groups in an academic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and manage multiple competing projects in an organized, efficient manner by prioritizing tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to act independently and exercise sound judgment with sensitivity to identify matters that include higher-level management consultation.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, pivot charts and tables.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Solid knowledge of processes, protocols and procedures with a focus on budget, account and fund management and personnel/position management.
- Demonstrated experience performing complex analyses involving programmatic and fiscal considerations, formation of action plans, and independently making decisions in all aspects.
- Experience managing and developing budgets, coordinating multiple projects, and adapting programmatic objectives to changes.
Payroll Management (70% of Effort) :
- Create and maintain master payroll spreadsheets for departments within assigned division.
- Run bi-weekly and monthly queries to validate payroll before payroll run dates.
- In coordination with Division Manager, Finance Manager, and REST obtain necessary information from departments for all payroll actions for all faculty, staff, and students that are not paid on original budget.
- Manage instructional budgets for departments within assigned division.
- Submit overpayment/emergency check requests.
- Submit EDRs (payroll corrections), position funding changes, and ad-hocs as needed in coordination with Financial Manager and REST.
- Plan summer school payroll in coordination with the Financial Manager and REST team for departments within your division.
- Address departmental questions timely and accurately.
- Provides coverage within assigned division as needed.
Financial Management (20% of Effort) :
- Reconcile instructional budgets for departments within your division.
- Work with Admin team to clear payroll contingency chart string and suspense account.
- Provide tuition waiver codes and chart-strings to departments within your division.
Departmental Management (10% of Effort) :
- Attends department head/faculty meetings with in assigned division as determined by Divisional Manager.
- Work cross-functionally with members of other groups within FCBSO to ensure overall effective Management of departmental business.
- In coordination with Divisional Manager, provides coverage to other departments as needed.
- Ensure compliance with UGA and Franklin processes and standards.
- Performs random audits of the processes and procedures within the D-PACT team and FCBSO.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert