- University of Georgia
- Athens, Georgia
- $55,000 - $65,000 Commensurate with Experience, Plus Benefits
- Posted Date
- Feb 23, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Business & Management, Accounting & Finance, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Academic Administration
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Franklin College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Georgia is seeking a Financial Manager for our Divisional Payroll and Accounting Team (D-PACT). D-PACT, within the Franklin College Business Office (FCBO), provides effective ﬁscal management and stewardship of the Franklin College of Arts and Sciences ﬁnancial resources. In partnership with college and departmental leadership, D-PACT manages payroll, non-sponsored funds, works to evaluate, develop and improve business processes and makes ﬁnancial decisions that are strategic, compliant, and timely.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills to interact with a variety of personalities at all levels, exercising tact, confidentiality, sound judgment, diplomacy, and flexibility to promote positive working relationships and job effectiveness.
- Substantially developed interpersonal and teamwork skills to successfully work with diverse groups in an academic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and manage multiple competing projects in an organized, efficient manner by prioritizing tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to act independently and exercise sound judgment with sensitivity to identify matters that require higher-level management consultation.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, pivot charts and tables.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Solid knowledge of processes, protocols and procedures with a focus on budget, account and fund management and personnel/position management.
- Demonstrated experience performing complex analyses involving programmatic and fiscal considerations, formation of action plans, and independently making decisions in all aspects.
- Experience managing and developing budgets, coordinating multiple projects, and adapting programmatic objectives to changes.
Financial Management (70% of Effort) :
- Maintain the master budget for the departments within assigned division.
- Review, forecast and manage budgetary processes including developing annual budgets for non-sponsored funds and any special projects to adhere to UGA policy and ﬁscal management
- Address departmental questions timely and accurately.
- Management and monthly reconciliation of all departmental non-sponsored funds including state, IDC, and department sales and services.
- Ensure that all expenditures are accurately charged to appropriate department IDs. Submit any financial corrections needed.
- Ensure proper year-end close out on all state-funded accounts.
- Provides coverage within assigned division as needed.
Payroll Management (20% of Effort) :
- Communicating with department on all payroll forecasting, changes, and issues.
- Obtain necessary information from faculty within your division on payroll plan for all employees funded from the non-sponsored funds you manage.
- Utilize and assist Payroll Manager with master payroll spreadsheet for departments within assigned division.
- Assist with biweekly and monthly queries to validate payroll before payroll run dates when needed.
- In conjunction with the Payroll Manger, work with BPAT Team to manage instructional budget for departments within assigned division.
- Reconcile all monthly, academic, and bi-weekly payroll for accuracy as part of the monthly budget reconciliation.
- Submit EDRs and position funding changes as needed on budgets managed by this position
- Plan summer school payroll in coordination with the Payroll Manager and REST team for departments within your division.
Departmental Management (10% of Effort) :
- Attends department head/faculty meetings with in assigned division as determined by Divisional Manager.
- Work cross-functionally with members of other groups within FCBSO to ensure overall effective management of departmental business.
- In coordination with Divisional Manager, provides coverage to other departments as needed
- Ensure compliance with UGA and Franklin processes and standards.
- Performs random audits of the processes and procedures within the D-PACT team and FCBSO.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert