Director of Student Conduct
- Marquette University
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Commensurate with Experience
- Posted Date
- Feb 22, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Student Affairs, Chief Student Affairs Officers & Vice Presidents
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Be The Difference Begins with Great People.
Are you looking for a new opportunity where you can make the difference in the lives of students and faculty? We’re always looking for highly talented individuals to join our team – people who think big, care deeply, and believe in being the difference in their work and community.
We prioritize student success, access to education, and service in our work to educate well-rounded servant leaders who transform their fields, our society and the world. Our Catholic, Jesuit approach emphasizes student engagement with the world around them and formation of the heart and mind.
We believe in our mission: The search for truth, the discovery and sharing of knowledge, the fostering of personal and professional excellence, the promotion of a life of faith, and the development of leadership expressed in service to others. These core values guide our relationships with our students, each other, and our community.
Marquette University offers a rich and competitive Total Rewards package including medical, dental, vision, 403(b) with up to 8% company match, 5 weeks of time off to start, and tuition benefits for employees, spouses, and dependents with no payback requirement! View details of our total rewards package here.
This is your next opportunity to join an organization that invests in their employees’ career journey by diversifying their skills, deepening their expert knowledge, encouraging a healthy work-life balance, focusing on personal wellbeing, providing leadership training, and sustaining a culture of respect and inclusion.
The Director of Student Conduct is primarily responsible for design, implementation and supervision of programs and practices related to the student conduct process, policy development, enforcement, and adjudication.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide direction for the student conduct process at Marquette.
- Supervise the Coordinator for Student Support and, indirectly, Graduate Assistant for Student Conduct.
- Serve as a student conduct administrator.
- On behalf of the Office of the Dean of Students, respond to critical student conduct concerns in coordination with other campus entities.
- Coordinate student conduct investigations and response for fraternities and sororities and other student organizations.
- In coordination with the Associate Dean of Students, conduct training for student conduct administrators annually on Code of Student Conduct, conduct processes and procedures, Title IX and alcohol and drug issues in the college environment.
- Develop, implement and evaluate student outreach programming related to advocacy, integrity and the student code of conduct.
- Coordinate and implement an assessment plan for hearing processes, student learning, and hearing officer/board member performance.
- Serve as the database administrator for the Maxient case management software.
- Oversee student conduct data and records and serve as the contact person for student conduct data for on and off campus entities. Compile annual data reports, including the Clery reporting in collaboration with the Department of Public Safety.
- Remain abreast on research, current trends, best practices, and legal issues pertinent to student behavior, student conduct and sanctioning.
- Regularly review and if necessary, suggest revision to policies related to student life including the Student Conduct Code, Alcohol and Drug Policies, Parental Notification, etc.
- Initiate, coordinate, and implement policies for the department that are effective, efficient, and conducive to the personal, social, physical, spiritual, cultural development and general welfare of students.
- Serve as a Brief Alcohol Screening and Intervention for College Students (BASICS) facilitator for students struggling with the negative consequences of alcohol abuse.
- Serve on University-wide committees as a representative of the Office of Dean of Students, as appropriate to areas of responsibility.
- With other members of the staff team, assist with the implementation of peer education, leadership development, and community service programs.
- Participate in Division of Student Affairs activities and programs.
- Assist with other general student issues and questions.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Master’s degree in college student personnel, counseling or related field.
- Five to seven years of previous full-time work in student affairs and, specifically, student conduct administration and policy development in a college setting.
- Experience and knowledge in student conduct administration, policy development.
- Demonstrated commitment to the Catholic and Jesuit mission of the institution.
- Experience with project management, publications, external relations and policy articulation and implementation required.
- Evidence of strong problem resolution experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational and communication (written and oral) skills that contribute to effective collaborations with students, faculty, administrators and other community members.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and exercise sound judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate collaborative relationships with internal and external constituencies.
It is the policy of Marquette University to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other applicable federal or state-protected classification.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert