Financial Aid Advisor, Washburn Tech
- Washburn University
- Kansas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 22, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Business & Management, Accounting & Finance, Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Financial Affairs, Student Affairs, Financial Aid
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Position Title: Financial Aid Advisor, Washburn Tech
Department: Financial Aid
Advertised Pay: 42,908
Location: Washburn University
The screening committee will review all eligible applications submitted by March 6, 2023
Position Summary: The Financial Aid Advisor is responsible for educating students and parents about the financial aid options, policies, and procedures according to the US Department of Education. They will create engaging content and provide proactive support throughout the financial aid cycle.
• Educate and advise students and their families regarding financial aid policies, procedures, processes, and aid programs.
• Meet with students and their families to provide individual confidential financial aid consultation.
• Resolve escalated student financial concerns as referred by the Financial Aid Office, Student One Stop, Student Success Center, or other areas.
• Assist with the Washburn Tech scholarship process.
• Act as a liaison to the Admissions and Business Offices to provide training and support.
• Provide detailed communication in a sensitive, professional and respectful manner. Responsible for creating and helping to maintain a respectful environment when communicating sensitive information with students and parents.
• Provide individualized loan counseling to students borrowing private, federal, and institutional loans to encourage the minimization of debt.
• Monitor trends and developments in financial aid to identify best practices that will enhance the University’s program.
• Responsible for creating and delivering presentations to Washburn and Washburn Tech classes, high school events, and new student orientations to expand the understanding of financial aid eligibility, responsible borrowing, and other services available through the Financial Aid office.
• Create videos and handouts to post on websites and social media to promote FAFSA completion, encourage responsible borrowing, and advise on other student financial aid topics.
• In coordination with the Bursar’s office each semester works with students that have a balance to aid them in finding and understanding the financial resources available to them.
• Supports the Financial Aid office/staff during peak times or as requested to assist with workload or special projects.
• Participate in meetings as required, and serve on university committees as assigned.
• Perform additional job-related duties as assigned or as appropriate.
Bachelor's degree and two years of experience in one or a combination of the following areas financial aid, banking, accounting, or other relevant experience.
Experience developing and delivering presentations to targeted groups.
Effective communication skills.
Experience resolving student/customer issues while providing excellent customer service
Experience working with an integrated software system such as Ellucian Banner.
Two years of experience working in financial aid.
Full time Exempt Mon-Fri 8am-5pm
Background Check Required
Washburn is an EOE and is dedicated to providing a student-centered and teaching-focused academic and work environment. We seek candidates who are committed to Washburn’s efforts to create a campus climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented and/or marginalized in higher education.
Washburn University provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or marital or parental status.
Washburn University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants for employment. If you are an applicant who needs a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application or interview process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 785-670-1538 at least five (5) business days in advance of the date you need the requested accommodation.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert