The Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD) invites applications for the position of Instructional Assistant, Media Arts. This position monitors and maintains one or more instructional media arts technology laboratories and assists students to develop and improve skills in the areas of digital media computer applications, media equipment operation, and digital media production.
MONTHLY SALARY: $4,917 - $6,091
*Salary Information is based on a full-time, 12-month position
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCEPTANCE OF AN APPLICATION:
Education and Experience:
A. An associate degree or its equivalent from a recognized college or university with a major in media arts, broadcasting, cinema, television, or a related field.
B. Graduation from high school or its equivalent AND two years of full-time, paid experience in the field of media arts, which must have included the operation of a variety of multimedia equipment and the use of multimedia software.
For a complete job description including the Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities associated with the position please visit our website.
A current vacancy exists at East Los Angeles College, 1301 Avenida Cesar Chavez, Monterey Park, CA 91754. The hiring list established by this examination will be used to fill future vacancies as they occur during the life of the list.
- Medical and dental insurance and vision care plans are provided for employees and their dependents.
- A $50,000 life insurance policy is provided free of charge for each employee.
- 12 full-pay days and 88 half-pay days of illness leave. At least 16 paid holidays per year. Vacation days accrue annually beginning at 10 days and increasing incrementally to 24 days depending on years of service with the District. Vacation days for management and confidential positions begin at 15, 20, or 24 days.
- Other paid time off includes: bereavement leave, personal necessity leave, court subpoena, and jury duty.
- Employees become members of the Public Employees Retirement System. The employee and District contribute to the retirement system.
- Employees are also covered by Social Security.
- Employee Assistance Program
The examination process may consist of one or more parts which may include a training and experience evaluation, written test, performance test, and/or oral interview.
Individuals protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) may request, orally or in writing, an accommodation in the examination process. Documentation of the need for accommodation is required solely for the purpose of establishing that the applicant has an ADA disability and that the disability necessitates a reasonable accommodation. Typically, a recent letter from an appropriate health care or rehabilitation professional which establishes that the applicant has an ADA qualifying disability, identifies the functional limitations as they relate to the testing situation, and recommends/suggests the appropriate accommodation is sufficient. In order for appropriate arrangements to be made at the testing site, a request for accommodation and required documentation must be received by the Examiner of Record at least 3 days prior to the administration of the test.
HOW TO APPLY and DEADLINE
Apply Online at
Completed applications must be submitted through our online employment system by 4:00 P.M. on MONDAY, March 13, 2023. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of an application. For a listing of other job opportunities with the Los Angeles Community College District, call our 24-hr job hotline, or refer to our Web Page.