Mail Center Clerk
- Florida Memorial University
- Florida, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 22, 2023
A successful candidate will play an active role in FMU's existing academic and operational success. Perform and support supporting the University mailroom and receiving dock operations. Track and distribute mailroom materials and supplies to individuals or departments
- Sort mail by department, location or category (e.g. bills, notices, personal).
- Keep records of incoming packages, including their weight, return address and description.
- Collect and prepare correspondence to be mailed (e.g. applying appropriate stamps, verifying addresses)
- Correct and reforward misdirected mail. Arrange for express delivery when needed
- Performs other duties as required or directed.
- The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that logically relates to the position.
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential nature in the utmost professional manner.
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills. Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, and time management skills. Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse constituents.
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, initiative, resourcefulness, and personal accountability.
- A professional and resourceful style; the ability to work independently, as a team player; and the initiative to take responsibility to address issues as needs arise.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of average-weight up to fifty (50) pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Note: In compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA), those functions of the job which are identified essential are required to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations. Requests to facilitate the performance of essential functions will be given careful consideration.
- High School diploma or GED with prior customer service or administrative experience. Bachelor’s degree and higher education experience preferred.
- Technical Skills: knowledge of technology/office equipment and willingness to learn new information systems and software; proficiency in the use of computer applications and MS Office Suite (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, as well as knowledge and understanding of organization structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
- Extensive hours and weekends will be required at times.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background check and drug testing.
In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a list of three professional references (at least one from a previous employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert