Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor of Business (Open Rank)
- Gordon College of Massachusetts
- Wenham, Massachusetts
- Commensurate with Experience
- Posted Date
- Feb 22, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Business & Management, Marketing & Sales
- Employment Level
- Non-Tenured Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Department of Economics and Business at Gordon College invites applications for a full-time, three-year, renewable appointment to Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor of Business in the field of Management or Marketing, with an emphasis in quantitative methods. This is a non-tenure track position to begin August 2023. Rank commensurate with experience.
The Department of Economics and Business is home to approximately 200 students and offers programs in the areas of business management, marketing, accounting, finance, and economics. The Professor of Business will be a linchpin in our expanding business curriculum, combining practical expertise with business principles grounded in theory and research. The teaching load is 3 courses per semester.
The faculty member will be expected to maintain an active program of scholarship related to the theory, practice, or teaching of business principles. Additional faculty responsibilities include advising students and service on college committees.
Gordon College (www.gordon.edu) is a Christian liberal arts college located in Massachusetts on Boston’s North Shore, a beautiful coastal area with easy access to Boston. Gordon is recruiting accomplished faculty who demonstrate the ability to combine outstanding scholarship and professional engagement with a passion for teaching and mentoring, and who are dedicated to preparing thoughtful Christian men and women for lives of service and leadership worldwide. As one of the country's top liberal arts colleges with a vibrant Christian community, Gordon is uniquely positioned to lead the exploration of the intersection of faith and cultural engagement. The ideal candidate will possess a desire to explore the relationship between Christianity and business.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Advanced degree in Business by the time of appointment (Doctoral level preferred);
- The ability to teach a breadth of management and/or marketing courses such as strategic management, operations management, marketing research, and/or business analytics;
- Potential for or demonstrated excellence in undergraduate teaching;
- Evidence of or the potential for contributions to business scholarship;
- Professional experience in business;
- A personal commitment to Christianity, the Christian mission of the College, and the integration of faith and learning in the classroom.
Interested applicants must submit:
- Cover letter that addresses the applicant’s interest in the specific position and fit with the Christian mission of Gordon College, including teaching and research or practice interests;
- CV that includes the names and contact information for 3 references;
- A sample of academic or professional writing (20-30 pages).
TO APPLY, please navigate to this link: Interfolio. Our review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Gordon College is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants for employment will receive consideration without discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, or disability.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert