Call Center Representative
- Empire State University
- New York, United States
- Competitive Salary
- Posted Date
- Feb 22, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Student Affairs, Student Activities & Services
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
SUNY Empire State proudly serves 16,000 students through online, hybrid, and in-person instruction across New York state, the region, and the world. Established in 1971 as the innovative branch of the State University of New York, SUNY Empire is a recognized national leader in serving working adults - including parents, veterans, and military-affiliates - through flexible programs that meet workforce needs and provide support through mentoring and prior learning assessment. The institution offers a broad range of associate, bachelor's, master's, doctoral, and certificate programs and is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. SUNY Empire's 94,000 alumni are entrepreneurs, nurses, teachers, businesspeople, and leaders in their communities and their fields. Visit www.esc.edu and follow us on social media @SUNYEmpire.
SUNY Empire is committed to creating a multicultural, inclusive academic and work environment. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We believe that having diverse faculty and staff is critical to academic excellence and prepares students to live and work in an increasingly global world.
SUNY Empire State College seeks a full time Call Center Representative (State Title: Staff Assistant) to join our 1Stop Student Services team at our Saratoga Springs, New York location.
The Call Center Representative serves as the primary point of contact for 1Stop Student Services, providing assistance with the non-classroom needs of students, faculty and staff relating to registration, financial aid, billing, and admissions. The Call Center Representative is expected to have strong working knowledge of functional office policies and procedures; possess the ability to provide excellent customer service in a high-paced multi-channel environment; demonstrate skills to effectively identify, analyze and resolve inquiries received, and work proactively across college departments to remove administrative barriers to enrollment and improve college wide student services.
Duties of the Call Center Representative include but are not limited to:
- Respond to student service inquiries accurately and professionally by phone, email, online and in-person.
- Deliver a holistic, student-centered customer service experience related to course enrollment information, academic records, financial aid, billing and payment, with a continued focus on student persistence and retention.
- Ensures the security and confidentiality of all student record information and submitted documentation to comply with Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Use professional judgement to solve problems, provide referrals to other college offices/partners as needed and as trained/directed.
- Effectively utilize college ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) Systems tools.
- Assist in the development of virtual 1Stop Student Service tools such as knowledgebase articles and videos; 1Stop Resources SharePoint, 1Stop Student Services Website and provide training-programs to in-college offices to support a student's overall enrollment experience.
- Perform proactive outreach to currently enrolled students eligible for immunization compliance, possessing incomplete FAFSA's (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and de-registration outreach.
- Develop and maintain a culture that supports teamwork, student success and the mission of integrated enrollment services.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Two or more years' experience working in a contact/call center or student service office at an institution of higher education.
- Functional knowledge of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and college admission, enrollment, registration, and billing processes.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-channel, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to dynamic cross-functional teams.
- Experience using Banner, ServiceNow, Ocelot, CRM Recruit and/or CRM Advise and Mitel System Software.
- Experience working with adult higher education students.
- Experience utilizing data to improve job performance and/or departmental initiatives and goals.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft 365 suite including SharePoint, Teams, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated experience creating online support tools and tutorials to support excellent virtual student/customer service.
- The ability to provide basic communication/instructions in Spanish.
- Experience providing customer service online, such as Live Chat, and Social Media Platforms.
- This position is located in Saratoga Springs, NY.
- Designated essential service provider.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- VISA sponsorship is not available for this position.
Rank/Salary: SL2/ $45,500
Empire State College is an EOE employer.
We are pleased to offer our employees a generous compensation and benefits package. We also offer professional-development activities for professionals and support staff, as well as faculty-development opportunities that encourage pursuit of disciplinary and community-focused research, scholarship of teaching and learning, and leadership development.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE ADA COORDINATOR AT (518) 587-2100, ext. 2240. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2100, ext. 2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY WEBSITE AT http://www.esc.edu/safety-security
Applications Due By: Applications accepted until position is filled.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit the following documents, which are required for consideration by clicking on the APPLY NOW button:
- Cover letter
- Name and contact information of three references
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Please click here to login to your Empire State College Employment Account to check your completed application or to update your account.
SUNY'S LEADING ONLINE INSTITUTION
Founded in 1971 as the innovative campus of the State University of New York, Empire State University empowers learners from diverse backgrounds to achieve their educational goals. We have decades of experience providing educational access through online teaching and learning, individualized instruction, mentoring, and prior learning assessment. We are SUNY’s leading online institution and New York state’s only public online institution.
SUNY Empire serves 16,000 students across New York state, the region, and the world. The institution specializes in high-quality, flexible, affordable education for working adults, including parents, veterans, and military-affiliates. Our 95,000 alumni are teachers, nurses, entrepreneurs, and leaders in their communities and their fields.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert