- Aurora University
- Illinois, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 22, 2023
Aurora University seeks talented staff and administrators who are passionate about supporting an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
The Assistant Controller supports learning by working directly with the University Controller/Chief Business Officer in promoting financial accuracy at Aurora University. Primary responsibilities include supporting the University Controller with overall accounting and business office functions of the university. This position is responsible for ensuring compliance with applicable accounting standards (GAAP). Responsibilities include: assisting with business office management, oversight of the general ledger, ensuring internal controls are operating as designed, financial reporting, and analysis. This position will directly supervise the purchasing and accounts payable functions.
Essential Job Functions:
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; Master’s and/or CPA preferred.
- 4-5+ years of accounting and audit experience with increasing responsibility in a complex organization. Not-for-profit and/or higher education experience is highly preferred.
- Ability to interpret, apply, and communicate regulations, accounting principles, policies, and procedures.
- Strong understanding of financial reporting and internal control systems.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and accurate.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, understand and attend to details, meet established deadlines, and provide excellent customer service to the university community.
- Able to maintain a strong internal control environment including supporting documentation, and authorizations.
- Strong analytical skills as required for account analysis and reconciliation.
- Expertise in spreadsheet and word processing software: Microsoft is preferred.
- Experience with Ellucian’s Colleague system and/or the ability to learn the university ERP system independently.
- Ability to inspire and motivate others to perform at high levels.
- Ability to interact verbally in person, over the telephone, and via written and electronic media.
- Ability to move about campus and other locations.
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references including name, telephone, and email address.
If you were referred by a current employee of Aurora University please include the name of the employee in your submission.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
email@example.com - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert