Director of University Budgets and Financial Planning
St. Edward's University
Director of University Budgets and Financial
Finance & Admin
St. Edward's University of Austin, Texas invites applications for
the position of Director of University Budgets. The Director of
University Budgets plays a critical leadership role in organizing,
administering, monitoring, and analyzing the institutional
operating budget. The incumbent will actively seek opportunities
for continuous improvement for the university's budget processes,
models and reporting infrastructure including facilitating
utilization of Business Intelligence tools in evaluating financial
opportunities and challenges. The incumbent designs and implements
budget reports; assists in the preparation of financial analyses
and presentations for senior leadership, department managers, Board
of Trustees, and other internal and external stakeholders.
For this position, the qualifications include A Bachelor's degree
in Accounting or a related business field is required, as well as
five years of progressively comprehensive financial planning
responsibility in a complex organization. An MBA, CPA, or CFA is a
plus. Proficiency in MS Excel is required, experience using Banner,
Tableau, and Argos is desired. Proven ability to work
independently. Must possess an unencumbered driver's license and
the ability to successfully pass a criminal background check.
- Manage annual budget development process.
- Prepares information to be presented at Budget Council
- Coordinate with division leaders to accumulate annual budget
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a multi-year
financial plan in alignment with the University's strategic
- Participates in the development of key budget and long-range
- Develops and monitors the a position management process to
project personnel expenditures timelier and accurately to assist
management with optimizing personnel expenditures.
- Provide leadership and support for Associate VP for Finance in
establishing and maintaining automated budget and analytic
reporting using available business intelligence tools.
- Advises and trains campus, school and departmental staff on the
use of budget and resource planning standards.
- Recommends changes to the budget allocation process to help
ensure that scarce resources are allocated to the University's
- Other duties as assigned.
- Have the ability to exercise and apply sound judgment and
decision-making skills as well as the ability to maintain integrity
and confidentiality of data.
- to quickly learn new technology and is self-motivated to stay
current with emerging technologies.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to
- Adapt to change in the work environment, manage competing
demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected
- Ability to accept supervision, assignments, change and
- Proven effectiveness in dealing with a wide range of
professionals, staff, and administrators.
- Ability to balance priorities to accomplish assigned tasks
within the required time frame and be able to shift quickly between
several tasks without loss of continuity.
- Engage in meaningful and intentional professional development
appropriate for areas of responsibility and actively engage in
personal and campus well-being initiatives.
- Carry out all responsibilities and objectives in professional
- Accept and render constructive criticism in a professional
- Adhere to the policies and procedures established by St.
This is an exempt position and your expected work schedule is
Monday through Friday. As an exempt employee your schedule may vary
based on the number of hours needed to meet the job
responsibilities. The individual holding this position may need to
be available early morning, evening, and weekends to meet the needs
of the department.
The expectations listed below are representative of the abilities
that may be needed to fulfil duties of this position. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. Physical strength/endurance to
enable them to perform/participate in the following
For detailed information, please scroll to the bottom
of the page to download the job description.
The University offers an excellent TOTAL REWARDS
Medical & Rx Coverage - UMR (HSA & FSA
Dental - Sunlife Dental
Vision - Sunlife Vision Plan
Short Term Disability (STD) Insurance
Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Annual Leave & Paid Sick Leave
Retirement Plan - (TIAA) Employee 5%/Employer Match
Services & Discounts
HOW TO APPLY
- Physically able to lift various materials up to 50 pounds on an
- While performing required job tasks, physically able to bend,
crouch and reach continuously.
- While performing required job tasks, physically able to climb
stairs, ladders or scaffolding as necessary.
- While performing required job tasks, physically able to remain
seated, frequently to continuously.
- Possesses abilities required to perform typing, operate a
computer and other office equipment, to perform filing, and related
job responsibilities and attention to detail competence.
- Physically able to spend significant time reading both on paper
and on a computer.
- Ability to travel by car and plane for University
Interested applicants should submit an online application at;
Please include resume, cover letter, and three
. No Calls Please. Applications
will not be considered if it is missing any of these three
In your cover letter, please describe your lived
experiences that prepare you to contribute to diversity and
inclusion at St. Edward's University?
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws
regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University
is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and
does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin,
age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in
employment, educational programs and activities, and
ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's
University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more
than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's
emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as
small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship
opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the
approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the
university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An
overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s)
under consideration for this position.
Reference #: J2020312