Missouri Western State University invites candidates for an
Administrative Assistant position in the Department of Health
Professions. The Administrative Assistant assists in the daily
operational management of the Nursing and Health Professions
departments, including budgeting, customer service, and
administrative support duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES :
These duties are a representative sample of the types of duties and
level of responsibilities that will be required; and shall not be
construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and
responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be
directed to perform job related tasks other than those specifically
presented in this description.
• Serves as initial contact, answers telephones, emails, assesses
and responds to inquiries, provides appropriate information and
direction, scheduling classroom or event space, processes mail and
• Prepares and reviews reports, forms, and documents; ensures
compliance with policies and campus procedures; schedules and
prepares for meetings and/or special events.
• Processes purchase orders and remittance vouchers, maintains
office supplies, and collects and deposits miscellaneous
• Serves as operational liaison to other departments, campus, and
• Assists with the development and oversight of budget and
financial information, such as maintaining balances, researching
discrepancies, and preparing reports and recommendations.
• Assists in the coordination and publicity of departmental
activities and events, including the design of brochures,
newsletters, or invitations.
• Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Knowledge and Skills and Abilities:
but not all-inclusive, of knowledge, skills and abilities to
perform the job competently.
• Office principles and practices
• Budgeting principles
• Basic mathematics
• Customer service
• Computer and basic office equipment
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and other general office
programs and equipment. (some positions require knowledge of
specific operating system and HTML )
• Grammar and writing formats
• Organizational skills
• Problem solving
• Ability to multitask with attention to detail
• Research, preparation, and analysis of data
• Communication as applied to interaction with students, coworkers,
supervisor and the general public
• Thinks constructively and initiates appropriate action to solve
• Strong interpersonal relationships and communication skills
High School diploma or GED ; one year of specialized training in
administrative support or a related field; three years of
administrative support or related office experience; or, an
equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to
successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Sedentary work; exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally
and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to
lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the
human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs
are sedentary if walking and standing are required only
occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Hours of Work
Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled